Adah Sharma to make southern film debut
Chennai: Bollywood actress Adah Sharma, who made an impressive debut in Vikram Bhatt`s horror-thriller "1920", has reportedly been roped in opposite Nithiin Reddy in filmmaker Puri Jagannadh`s upcoming Telugu romantic-drama "Heart Attack".
"Adah Sharma has been cast opposite Nithiin in the film. Puri was impressed with her performance in `1920` and decided to cast her. Many actresses were considered for this role, including some big names in Telugu industry, but Adah was finally signed," a source close to director Puri, told IANS.
Not long ago, it was reported that Catherine Tresa, who featured in Telugu films "Chamak Challo" and "Iddarammayilatho", was cast opposite Nithiin in the film.
Does this mean Adah has replaced Catherine?
"We are not sure about that. Puri did consider Catherine but we don`t have much clarity on it. He (Puri) would be the right person to confirm the same," added the source.
Puri hopes to resurrect his sagging career with "Heart Attack" after suffering lukewarm response with films such as "Cameraman Ganga Tho Rambabu" and "Iddarammayilatho".
Nithiin, who is basking in the success of back-to-back blockbusters with "Ishq" and "Gunde Jaari Gallanthayyinde", hopes to score a hat trick with this film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Varun Dhawan in Zoya Akhtar’s 'Gully Boy'? Here's the truth
- Bigg Boss 10: Gauahar Khan thanks Salman Khan for giving advice to Bani J
- Dashavatar: 10 incarnations of Lord Vishnu
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s latest gym video will inspire you to remain fit and healthy
- Release date of Aamir Khan's 'Secret Superstar' revealed!
- Kaabil: Hrithik Roshan flaunts new release date in Tamil, Telugu posters
- Amy Jackson says Rajinikanth gets nervous about media
- Tamannaah Bhatia excited about 'Queen' remake
- Couple claims Dhanush as biological son; actor asked to appear before court
- Tamannaah Bhatia’s next few announcements will surprise everybody