After alleging harassment by aunt Bharathi Devi, actress Anjali missing
Delhi: Actress Anjali, who had released a statement to the media in Chennai April 8 alleging harassment by her aunt Bharathi Devi and director Kalanjiyam, has been missing ever since, claims her brother. Ravi Shanker, Anjali’s brother, has filed a complaint with Jubilee Hills police in Hyderabad stating that his sister has been missing since April 8.
Director Kalanjiyam, meanwhile, on April 9, petitioned the Chennai city Commissioner of Police S George and sought action against Anjali for tainting his image.
Police sub-inspector M Saidulu spoke to a daily about the incident, saying, “Ravi Shanker came here in the evening, and informed us that his sister went missing from Daspalla hotel in Jubilee Hills. He also said there was a threat to Anjali’s life from Bharathi Devi,” and added that, “Investigations are on and we are looking for more clues.”
The police have sprung into action following the complaint filed by Ravi Shanker and have been investigating into the matter. In the statement that Anjali had issued to the media on Monday, she had said that her aunt Bharathi Devi and film director Kalanjiyam should be held responsible for anything that happened to her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Two legends, one pic! Amitabh Bachchan shares memorable moment with with father Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Karan Johar is keen to watch THIS Bollywood release! Any guesses?
- Fact alert! Anushka Sharma performed her own stunts in Salman Khan's 'Sultan'
- Maanayata, hubby Sanjay Dutt's adorable dance is the most romantic thing you will watch today!
- Dino Morea, Ranbir Kapoor flaunt football skills! - See pics
- Vidya Balan looks enchanting as Geeta Bali in 'Ekk Albela' poster! – View pic
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- With 'Sairat', Marathi cinema flies high on BO, appreciation
- It's big! Marathi film 'Sairat' rakes in a whopping Rs 65 cr in 3 weeks
- Superstar Mohanlal turns 56