After Kamal Haasan, Mani Ratnam’s ‘Kadal’ lands in trouble in TN
Chennai: Just when we thought that the controversy over Kamal Haasan’s ‘Vishwaroopam’ in his home state Tamil Nadu came to an end, yet another filmmaker faces the ire of religious groups.
Mani Ratnam is now at the receiving end as he has been asked to remove objectionable content from his film ‘Kadal’.
Apparently, a Christian group has demanded to edit 6 scenes from the film that offend their religious sentiments.
The complainant Rev Christhudoss had filed a complaint with the city Police Commissioner against the filmmaker.
‘Kadal’ featuring Gautham and Thulasi that’s garnering rave reviews in the state happens to be Ratnam’s comeback directorial project.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bigg Boss, Day 47: Survival fight continues, inmates stumped by surprise exit!
- Tough times in India: Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra on intolerance row
- Response to 'Wazir' trailer makes Bejoy Nambiar 'ecstatic'
- Salman's 'Prem Ratan Dhan Payo' outraces lifetime earnings of '3 Idiots'
- Bigg Boss: Priya Malik to throw 'pee' on Kishwer in upcoming episode!
- Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone’s 'Bajirao Mastani' to release in Tamil, Telugu
- I thought acting offer was a joke: Shankar Mahadevan
- Marathi actor Prashant Damle to get Dinanath Mangeshkar award
- Om Puri to be back in Malayalam films after 27 years
- Make music compulsory in schools, colleges: Ilayaraja