Agartala to host Bangladesh war movies festival
Agartala: A 19-day Bangladesh film festival will begin here Sunday depicting the neighbouring country`s liberation struggle of 1971, a Tripura minister said.
"Eleven films, which recreate the valiant deeds of the freedom fighters in the 1971 liberation war, would be screened in four places in Tripura, including the capital," Tripura information and cultural affairs minister Bhanulal Saha told reporters Friday.
The festival is being organised in association with Bangladesh and Tripura`s cultural organisations, Bangladesh diplomatic mission in Agartala and the Tripura government.
"The proposed films to be screened in the film festivals have won various international awards," the minister said adding that during the festival, directors would be present to explain their movies and the heroic stories of the liberation war.
`Palashi to Dhanmandi`, `Karigar`, `Joyjatra`, `Pramanya Chitra-1971`, `Amar Bandhu Rashed` and `Guerrilla` are scheduled to be screened at the festival.
Saha said: "Over 1,600,000 Bangladeshis (more than the state`s then total population of 1,500,000) had taken shelter in Tripura alone fleeing the barbaric attacks of the Pakistani forces."
"The new generation in India and other countries knows very little about Bangladesh`s liberation war and the supreme sacrifice of lakhs of people and India`s role in the battle," he added.
Tripura shares an 856-km border with Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Find out which day of the week is dedicated to which Lord!
- Govinda chose 'The Kapil Sharma show' over 'Comedy Nights Live'—Here's why?
- Want a better life? Practice these 5 habits – Watch video
- IIFA 2016: Salman Khan spilling hotness in brand new hair-cut and elegant suit! – Pic inside
- IIFA 2016: Defining hotness in all black Deepika Padukone will leave you gasping for air!
- Veteran Telegu actor Ramana Murthy dead
- Remember Namrata Shirodkar? She is ‘yummy mummy’ of two ‘awwdorable’ children – See pics
- Rajinikanth absolutely fine, says publicist
- Veteran Tamil film director AC Tirulokachandar passes away
- Oh my my! Rashmi Gautam turns up hotness quotient in sizzling 'Antham' trailer – Watch here