‘Aiyyaa’ debutant Prithviraj to offer a script to Amitabh Bachchan
Mumbai: Southern superstar Prithviraj Sukumaran, who debuted in Bollywood with `Aiyyaa`, has bought the rights of his hit Malayalam film ‘Ayalum Njanum Thammil’. He plans to make it in Hindi and approach Amitabh Bachchan with the script.
`Ayalum Njanum Thammil`, directed by Lal Jose, released in October last year. Also featuring Narein, Prathap Pothen, Samvrutha Sunil and Remya Nambeesan, the film was a medical drama and critics appreciated the film as well as Prithviraj`s performance in it.
"I have taken the first step and bought the film. Now, the rights of the film rest with me, so I can be assured that nobody else is going to do it. That`s the first step to ensure that the project has somehow shaped up," Prithviraj said.
"I have started showing the film to few people over here. Let`s hope that they have the same kind of interest that I do and hopefully, I get a draft written in English that I will take to Mr. Bachchan to read it," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Teenagers who feel safe at school get higher grades
- Shatrughan Sinha lauds Sonakshi's devotion to work
- Waarrior Savitri movie review: Ineffective and unimpressive
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra's mushy love in 'Baar Baar Dekho' new still is just so aww!
- Tamil actor Vijay's father undergoes surgery after fall
- Tamil film director Chandrasekar hospitalised
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth
- Double treat for fans, first look of sequel to release on birthday of 'Baahubali'