‘Aiyyaa’ debutant Prithviraj to offer a script to Amitabh Bachchan
Mumbai: Southern superstar Prithviraj Sukumaran, who debuted in Bollywood with `Aiyyaa`, has bought the rights of his hit Malayalam film ‘Ayalum Njanum Thammil’. He plans to make it in Hindi and approach Amitabh Bachchan with the script.
`Ayalum Njanum Thammil`, directed by Lal Jose, released in October last year. Also featuring Narein, Prathap Pothen, Samvrutha Sunil and Remya Nambeesan, the film was a medical drama and critics appreciated the film as well as Prithviraj`s performance in it.
"I have taken the first step and bought the film. Now, the rights of the film rest with me, so I can be assured that nobody else is going to do it. That`s the first step to ensure that the project has somehow shaped up," Prithviraj said.
"I have started showing the film to few people over here. Let`s hope that they have the same kind of interest that I do and hopefully, I get a draft written in English that I will take to Mr. Bachchan to read it," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Just the thought of marriage can make you kick your wild ways
- Maanyata throws grand party on husband Sanjay Dutt's 57th birthday! - Pics inside
- Confirmed! Sonakshi Sinha to be a part of Salman Khan's ‘Dabangg 3’
- Guess who? Karan Johar touched feet of THIS Bollywood star on sets of 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'!
- Pratyusha Banerjee case: Parents allege bias in police probe
- Mahesh Babu gears up for next with AR Murugadoss
- Don't want to be known as Dalit filmmaker: 'Kabali' director
- Kajal Aggarwal grooves for a special song in 'Janatha Garage'
- Know why Radhika Apte couldn’t be a part of ‘Kabali’ promotions
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush