Ajith insisted on doing his own stunts: Vishnuvardhan
Chennai: Director Vishnuvardhan, who has teamed up with Ajith Kumar for the second time in upcoming Tamil thriller `Arrambam`, says the actor insisted on doing his own stunts irrespective of the risk-factor involved.
"He is so committed that he didn`t let me appoint a body-double for him in the action scenes. He said he could do it on his own even after he injured his leg in one of the car chase sequences. He insists on doing the most risky stunts on his own," Vishnuvardhan said.
This is not the first time that Ajith has performed his own stunts. In `Billa 2`, he performed dare-devilry in a flying helicopter.
"Sometimes he is so involved in a scene that he wouldn`t even realise if he is injured and would continue shooting. He has done most of the stunts on his own in the film. He was quite confident of handling these scenes," he added.
`Arrambam`, which has been on floors for over a year, is nearing completion. Produced by A.M. Ratnam, the film also features Arya, Nayantara, Taapsee Pannu and Rana Daggubati in important roles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Rustom' trailer out: Bollywood in awe of Akshay Kumar!
- Kriti Sanon has mastered the 'lower-back' workout – This video is a proof!
- Saiyami Kher is fresh as a dewdrop: Shabana Azmi
- Salman Khan 'raped woman' remark: Varun Dhawan's reaction is the most quintessential one!
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show': Sufi musicians Wadali Brothers to grace the show