Ajmal looking forward to Telugu film`s release
Chennai: Actor Ajmal is looking forward to the release of his Telugu film `Tanu Monne Vellipoyindi`, directed by popular director Vamsy which incidentally is the auteur`s 25th movie.
"The movie is due for release this month or early February," he told reporters.
The doctor-turned-actor, who made his debut in Mollywood with `Pranayakalam` in 2007, said the film is Vamsy`s 25th and he is excited to be a part of the venture.
"It is basically a romantic comedy. There are 3-4 girls in the movie and it is about a boy who goes out in search of his childhood friend," he said.
The movie`s music launch was held early this month. Chakri has composed the music for the film.
The other film the actor is eagerly looking forward is `Prabhanjanam`.
"It is the story of an engineering student, how he enters politics and becomes the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister," he said.
Asked if it was similar to the role he played in the 2011 Tamil blockbuster `KO`, he said "yes, something like that".
Ajmal`s role as the scheming Vasantha Perumal in `KO` fetched him the Filmfare award for the best supporting actor.
The cast includes Nasser, Kota Srinivas Rao and Arushi, he said.
The actor, who shot to fame with his brooding anti-hero role in the 2008 Tamil film `Anjathey`, bagging the Filmfare award for the best supporting actor in the process, is very choosy about scripts.
He is not keen on signing all and everthing that comes his way. "What is the point in doing roles without substance."
After `KO`, several offers came his way but he declined as the scripts were not to his taste.
He is of the opinion that people recognise an actor by the varied characters he/she enacts. "Mere signing on the dotted line will not help an actor in the long run," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra proud of sister Parineeti's singing debut
- I'm looking at 'Ittefaq' as new film: Sonakshi Sinha
- Rahul Bose hopeful that Poorna's story will touch hearts
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Kamya Punjabi releases teaser of Pratyusha Banerjee’s last short film – Watch
- Prabhas, Rana Daggubati’s ‘Baahubali 2’: And the countdown begins now!
- Rajinikanth to essay 5 characters, Akshay Kumar to portray 12 avatars in '2.0'?
- Why Katappa killed Baahubali? Sathyaraj answers the question! - Watch
- ''Baahubali', 67 years later, has beaten the magic created by 'Mughal-e-Azam' on screen'
- Baahubali 2: New poster featuring angry Prabhas unveiled! - See pic