Akkineni Nageswara Rao passes away
Zee Media Bureau/ Aparna Mudi
New Delhi: Legendary Telegu cinema actor Akkineni Nageswara Rao passed away early on Wednesday morning.
ANR, as he is fondly remembered, passed away at around 1:30 a.m. on 22nd January at the age of 90. He was suffering from cancer.
He has won three Filmfare Best Telugu Actor Award in his acting carrier. He was honoured with the Padma Vibhushan for his contribution to Indian cinema. ANR is also the recipient of the Dada Saheb Phalke Award, the lifetime achievement award.
Born in Ramapuram in 1923, ANR made his way into Telegu Movie world from a small farming background. He made his debut in the Telugu film, Dharmapatni at the age of 17. Since then he has acted in over 250 films, in Telugu, Tamil and Hindi.
He is one of the most prominent figures in Telegu, helping the industry to base it`s production from Hyderabad. Apart from being a Telegu superstar, he was also a prolific writer. Some of his best works in Telegu cinema are Tenali Rama Krishna, Devdas, Maya Bazaar, Missamma, Muga and others.
The ANR National Award was instituted by the Akkineni International Foundation in the honour of Akkineni Nageswara Rao in 2005 to recognize people for their lifetime achievements and contributions to the Indian film industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Sonam Kapoor look sizzling hot on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar
- What’s Salman Khan’s connection with ‘Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2’ cast
- Why Kris Jenner blasted former husband Caitlyn
- Miley Cyrus uses sunflowers to cover her modesty
- Once an artiste, always an artiste, says Aishwarya Rai on comeback
- 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli's ropes in Mohanlal for Rs 1,000 cr project 'Garuda'?
- What made Anushka Shetty do ‘Rudhramadevi’?
- Satyajit Ray's 'Apu Trilogy' in top five greatest Asian films
- Anushka fought like true warrior in 'Rudhramadevi': Vikramjeet Virk
- Shruti Haasan records song with Anirudh Ravichander for Tamil film 'Vedalam'