Akkineni Nageswara Rao passes away
Zee Media Bureau/ Aparna Mudi
New Delhi: Legendary Telegu cinema actor Akkineni Nageswara Rao passed away early on Wednesday morning.
ANR, as he is fondly remembered, passed away at around 1:30 a.m. on 22nd January at the age of 90. He was suffering from cancer.
He has won three Filmfare Best Telugu Actor Award in his acting carrier. He was honoured with the Padma Vibhushan for his contribution to Indian cinema. ANR is also the recipient of the Dada Saheb Phalke Award, the lifetime achievement award.
Born in Ramapuram in 1923, ANR made his way into Telegu Movie world from a small farming background. He made his debut in the Telugu film, Dharmapatni at the age of 17. Since then he has acted in over 250 films, in Telugu, Tamil and Hindi.
He is one of the most prominent figures in Telegu, helping the industry to base it`s production from Hyderabad. Apart from being a Telegu superstar, he was also a prolific writer. Some of his best works in Telegu cinema are Tenali Rama Krishna, Devdas, Maya Bazaar, Missamma, Muga and others.
The ANR National Award was instituted by the Akkineni International Foundation in the honour of Akkineni Nageswara Rao in 2005 to recognize people for their lifetime achievements and contributions to the Indian film industry.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oops! Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh's 'Padmavati' DELAYED?
- Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt to be first guests on upcoming season of 'Koffee with Karan'?
- All you need to know about Indira Ekadashi
- How to save your suede shoes from damage
- Along with cast and crew, Priyanka Chopra enjoys 'Quantico' season 2 screening! – Pics inside
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside
- Dhanush overjoyed at 'Visaranai' becoming India's Oscar entry
- Tamil film 'Visaranai' is India's official Oscar entry for 2017
- Vashu Bhagnani to produce Priyanka Chopra's next home production