All films can`t be released online: Ayodhya Kumar
Chennai: Debutant filmmaker Ayodhya Kumar, who is gearing up for the release of Telugu drama `Minugurulu`, believes not all films deserve to be released online because some are made for the purpose of theatrical release to cater to larger audience.
"I agree online medium is the best alternative for several low-budget films, but not every film in the context deserves it. I want audiences to come and watch my film in the theatres. I want them to watch and understand the pain I have taken to work with visually impaired children," the filmmaker said..
In the last few months, low-budget Telugu flicks such as `Alias Janaki`, `Athadu Aame O Scooter`, `Break up`, `Kamina` and `1000 Abaddalu` released online along with its theatrical release.
"It (`Minugurulu`) deserves a wide release and that`s precisely what I`m working on now. It highlights the problems of these children and how they see and perceive things around them," he added.
The film features 40 visually impaired children who join hands in exposing the wrongdoings of their hostel warden.
Ayodhya Kumar has directed as well produced the film, which is likely to release Sep 27.
"I`m trying to find as many distributors as possible. I know it`s not easy to find a distributor to back my film, but I don`t want to give up. I have a Vizag based distributor who has already expressed interest in buying my film," he said.
`Minugurulu`, which features Suhasini Mani Ratnam, Raghuvir Yadav and Ashish Vidyarthi, will be screened Monday here as part of the Disability Film Festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 698: Tanu's friend exposes her real face in front of Abhi
- Shah Rukh Khan teaches Alia Bhatt of how to live 'Dear Zindagi' on Facebook live chat! Watch
- Why the Indian film fraternity obsessed with the Oscars, asks Manoj Kumar
- 'Daughters of Mother India' wins big at the CAM International Film Festival
- Tiger Shroff wishes 'Happy Diwali' in unique 'HappyFeet' dancing style!
- Priyanka Chopra's debut Marathi production Ventilator gets dramatic world premiere
- First look of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' is finally out!
- Vivek Oberoi's to make his Tamil debut with Ajith's next
- SS Rajamouli to share first look of 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' at MAMI
- Rana Daggubati, Prabhas’ 'Baahubali 2' promises to be bigger and better