Amol Palekar revisits loveable comedies with his Marathi film
Mumbai: Actor-filmmaker Amol Palekar, who is identified with simple and loveable comedies, says his Marathi directorial venture ‘We Are On - Houn Jau Dya’ belongs to the same family of movies.
The 68-year-old, still remembered for his roles in ‘Golmaal’and ‘Choti Si Baat’, turned to direction with 1981 Marathi movie ‘Aakriet’.
Talking about his current film, Palekar said: "The film belongs to the same genre - a simple, nice, lovable comedy and you won`t even realise and two hours will be passed."
He was interacting with reporters here Friday while promoting his film on 92.7 BIG FM radio.
"It`s a film which you should see with your family, friends, and colleagues," he added.
Palekar also feels language is no barrier for a good film.
"You will enjoy the film even if you don`t know Marathi language because a good comedy is independent of the language," said Palekar, who worked with directors like Basu Chatterjee and Hrishikesh Mukherjee.
For `We Are On - Houn Jau Dya`, Palekar and co-director Sandhya Gokhale have roped in some of the biggest names from the Marathi film industry. They have gathered who`s who of the Marathi film world for their humour-filled treat.
Ashok Saraf, Dilip Prabhavalkar, Manoj Joshi, Pushkar Shrotri, Upendra Limaye, Vijay Kenkre, Satish Alekar, Ajit Kelkar, Shriram Pendse and Sunil Godbole to name a few.
The film is slated to release April 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I do what I believe in, can't have double standards: Radhika Apte
- Sushmita Sen's younger daughter Alisah turns 7! Birthday videos inside
- Sushant Singh Rajput, Kriti Sanon went for a Thailand vacation? Here's the truth!
- 'The Ring' co-star Anushka Sharma beats Shah Rukh Khan in 'Prague'! – Know how
- Teachers tend to favour middle-class students: Study
- Tamil actor Vijay's father undergoes surgery after fall
- Tamil film director Chandrasekar hospitalised
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth
- Double treat for fans, first look of sequel to release on birthday of 'Baahubali'