Ananya Chatterjee does not like to work with big names only
Kolkata: National-award winning actress Ananya Chatterjee feels that working only with acclaimed directors will not let her fully grow as an artiste.
Ananya came to prominence as Ritwik Ghatak`s wife in `Meghe Dhaka Tara`.
"I often dream that I would end up essaying at least a thousand characters in life. My wish remains to project as many shades of human nature as possible.
"I wish to work with good names, not necessarily big names. The roles I hadn`t portrayed so far," she said.
The actress, who was part of projects like Kaushik Ganguly`s `Laptop` and Kamaleswar Mukherjee`s `Meghe Dhaka Tara`, said one can not just go by big names.
"It is the fresh ideas which count. If there is a `Meghe Dhaka Tara`, there has to be `Jodi Love Dilena Prane`. And there is `Anyo Na`, which is the story of the extraordinariness of an ordinary housewife," she said.
`Jodi Love Dilena Prane`, directed by Abhijit uha-Sudeshna Roy, is an upcoming film set in the early `90s North Kolkata.
In `Anyo Na`, releasing tomorrow, Ananya has been paired opposite convict-turned-actor Nigel Akkara whose work in `Muktodhara` (2012) had earned him critical acclaim.
Nigel, who has already signed three Bengali films, said, "I am experimenting with my roles and looks. I consider myself as a sponge who wants to soak the most from experienced directors and cast."
`Anyo Na` also has pop legend Usha Uthup as a celebrity singer in a bar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Film with Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt won't be typically romantic: Gauri Shinde
- See in pic: Anil Kapoor in awe of daughters, Sonam and Rhea Kapoor!
- Shilpa Shetty rejoices 4 million Twitter followers
- I don't know my caste or creed, I'm universal: Amitabh Bachchan
- First trailer of Clooney's 'Hail, Caesar!' unveiled
- Rudramadevi movie review: Lengthy but interesting period drama
- Mahima Chaudhry to star in Bengali film on Sheena Bora case
- Trisha Krishnan attracts fans galore on 'Nayaki' set
- Never evaded Income Tax, says Vijay after searches
- Watch: Second trailer of Kamal Haasan’s ‘Thoongaavanam’ edgy, action-packed