Arjun Sarja to direct ‘Jai Hind 2’
Chennai: Southern actor Arjun Sarja is all set to wield the megaphone for multi-lingual action-drama ‘Jai Hind 2’, the sequel to his Tamil blockbuster ‘Jai Hind’. The film will be made in Tamil, Telugu and Kannada.
He has also directed Tamil films such as ‘Sevagan’, ‘Prathap’, ‘Vedham’ and ‘Madrasi’.
Arjun will direct and produce ‘Jai Hind 2’, which he will dedicate to former Indian President Abdul Kalam. The film will be about the current-day education system and its flaws. The movie will reflect Kalam`s dream that for India to become a superpower, everyone has to be educated, said a statement.
The film featuring Arjun and Surveen Chawla in the lead will be made on a budget of Rs. 20 crore. It will also feature a host of debutants playing college students.
‘Jai Hind 2’ will be a different film altogether and will not have any resemblance to its prequel, the statement added.
The film will be shot in places such as Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi and few international locations. It is scheduled to go on floors soon
Meanwhile, Arjun is currently busy shooting for untitled Telugu film being directed by Kodi Ramakrishna.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamil actor Vijay's father undergoes surgery after fall
- Tamil film director Chandrasekar hospitalised
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth
- Double treat for fans, first look of sequel to release on birthday of 'Baahubali'