Asin wants to act with Rajinikanth
Bangalore: She began her acting career down South delivering many a hit film, but Asin, who gradually moved to Bollywood, is yet to work with superstar Rajinikanth and is looking for a good opportunity.
The latest buzz from Kollywood circles say that she might play the female lead in Rajinikant-starrer `Kochadaiyaan`, but Asin said she would act opposite the `Thalaivar` if she was offered a good role.
"I wish to work with Rajini... If I come across a good project I will certainly act (opposite him)," she said. The 26-year-old actress will be next seen opposite Akshay Kumar in `Housefull 2` and the actress is looking forward to the release of the film, which boasts of 22 major actors working in it.
"We wrapped up shooting in record time and the film is ready for an April release. It has shaped up very well. I am looking forward to it," she told reporters at the announcement of the 57th Idea Filmfare Awards here.
`Housefull 2` boasts of 22 major actors including Akshay, John Abraham, Riteish Deshmukh, Randhir Kapoor, Rishi Kapoor, Mithun Chakraborty. It was a huge challenge for Sajid Nadiadwala and Sajid Khan not just at the scripting stage, but also logistically.
"It was a lot of fun working with Sajid Khan and Sajid Nadiadwala. Both have managed such a huge cast very well.
Everybody had a blast during the shoot," Asin said. "It was also great sharing space with senior actors like Mithun Da, Rishiji, Randhirji, Boman Irani, Johnny Lever and the other girls (Jacqueline Fernandez and Zarine Khan).
With such a big cast, it was literally housefull," she added. Asin said apart from `Housefull 2`, she is working in `Bol Bachchan` starring Ajay Devgn and Abhishek Bachchan and directed by Rohit Shetty. "We have just wrapped up one schedule and shooting is going on," she added.
When asked whether she has any plan to act in Hollywood flicks, Asin said, "I think right now I better concentrate on Indian cinema."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kamal Haasan slams PETA over jallikattu, asks it to ban 'bull riding rodeos' in Trump's US
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- I have learned to make peace with failure: Hrithik Roshan
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport