Avika Gor already popular in Telugu cine world
Chennai: Television actress Avika Gor, who is making her Telugu cinematic debut with romantic-drama ‘Uyyala Jampala’, has already earned a name for herself in the market through the dubbed version of her TV show ‘Balika Vadhu’, said its director Virinchi Varma.
Avika has gained immense popularity through ‘Chinnari Pellikuthuru’, the Telugu dubbed version of ‘Balika Vadhu’. It was her debut TV show in Hindi, but she is no longer associated with it.
"She isn`t a new face because almost every Telugu household can recognise Avika through her serial now. I cast her keeping that in mind and I know for a fact that it will work in the favour of the film. With this film, she is only going to gain more popularity," Varma said.
‘Uyyala Jampala’, jointly produced by actor Akkineni Nagarjuna and producer Ram Mohan, is the love story of childhood sweethearts.
"In the film, Avika essays a character in which she grows. Her role will appeal to youngsters as well as adults because the story has several tender moments that will strike a chord with the viewers from start to finish," he added.
Also starring Raj Tarun and Kireeti Damaraju in important roles, ‘Uyyala Jampala’ is currently in post-production.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- My personal life does not affect my work: Pulkit Samrat
- Mahabharata: Who was the only Kaurava to oppose Draupadi’s vastraharan?
- Parineeti Chopra to star in YRF's next 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'
- Ranveer Singh, Deepika Padukone very much in love – These videos are proofs
- Watch Filmfare 2016 red carpet special: Amitabh Bachchan, Harshaali Malhotra, Ranveer Singh and Deepika Padukone elevated the night!
- Post SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2', Prabhas roped in for 'Srimanthudu' team's next?
- South actress Devayani will star with Jr NTR in 'Janath Garage'!
- Tamannaah excited, nervous to romance Prabhudheva in her next
- Chennai singer Shan Johnson passes away
- Visaaranai movie review: Honest, spine-chilling take on abuse of power