Awards are like vitamin shots: Akkineni Nagarjuna
Chennai: Southern actor Akkineni Nagarjuna said Saturday that awards are like vitamin shots and when an actor receives them, it boosts his or her morale.
"The success of a film at the box-office will ensure happiness to the entire unit, but individual awards are like vitamin shots that will help boost the morale of an actor. I believe for an actor both the success of his film and awards are equally important," said Nagarjuna at the TSR-TV9 film awards.
He received the best actor award for 2012 for his performance in Telugu mythological-drama "Shirdi Sai", while his Telugu period-drama "Rajanna" was awarded the best film for the same year under special jury category.
The awards were given to artists from Telugu industry under different categories for the year 2011-12, while artists from Tamil, Kannada and Malayalam industries along with Bollywood were honored with special jury awards.
The evening saw the presence of a galaxy of actors, including Bollywood luminaries such as Sridevi, Boney Kapoor, Neha Dhupia, among many more.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- Arms Act case: Being a friend I am happy for Salman Khan, says Daisy Shah
- Ali Fazal sponsors self-defence for girls in his family
- When Shah Rukh Khan visited Taj Mahal with his 'first income'
- 'Raees' Shah Rukh Khan is travelling from Mumbai to Delhi by train – See pics
- Ranganathan Madhavan achieved lean look for ‘Vikram Veda’ without workout
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels