Awards are like vitamin shots: Akkineni Nagarjuna
Chennai: Southern actor Akkineni Nagarjuna said Saturday that awards are like vitamin shots and when an actor receives them, it boosts his or her morale.
"The success of a film at the box-office will ensure happiness to the entire unit, but individual awards are like vitamin shots that will help boost the morale of an actor. I believe for an actor both the success of his film and awards are equally important," said Nagarjuna at the TSR-TV9 film awards.
He received the best actor award for 2012 for his performance in Telugu mythological-drama "Shirdi Sai", while his Telugu period-drama "Rajanna" was awarded the best film for the same year under special jury category.
The awards were given to artists from Telugu industry under different categories for the year 2011-12, while artists from Tamil, Kannada and Malayalam industries along with Bollywood were honored with special jury awards.
The evening saw the presence of a galaxy of actors, including Bollywood luminaries such as Sridevi, Boney Kapoor, Neha Dhupia, among many more.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Two arrested, accused sent to 14-day judicial custody
- Kangana Ranaut not a part of Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s film with Shah Rukh Khan anymore?
- Shah Rukh Khan thanks 'Ittefaq' team for recreating his Yash Chopra film
- Saif Ali Khan breaks his silence on rumours about disapproval of Sara being launched by Karan Johar
- Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai: Mohsin Khan talks about his love for Shivangi Joshi
- Rana Daggubati's 'The Ghazi Attack': Opening weekend collections at the Box Office
- Malayalam actress molestation case: After main accused, two more people detained by police
- Allu Arjun's 'Duvvada Jagannadham' FIRST LOOK out!
- Malayalam actress Bhavana allegedly kidnapped, molested; driver held
- Personally getting involved to release 'Vishwaroopam 2': Kamal Haasan