Bad weather spoils Vijay`s b`day celebrations
Chennai: Tamil actor Vijay`s 39th birthday, which falls June 22, was supposed to be celebrated in style by his fan club here Saturday. However, the plan stands cancelled for the time being due to bad weather conditions.
Members from Vijay`s fan club had planned to carry out charitable activities such as distribution of computers, sewing machines and wheelchairs to as many as 4,000 differently-abled and underprivileged members of different human welfare groups.
Confirming the news, a member from Vijay`s fan club said: "It was all planned, but due to frequent rains in the city over the last few days, we decided to call off the celebrations. It was supposed to be a grand event with large participation."
Vijay, who is currently shooting for upcoming Tamil action-drama ‘Jilla’, was to distribute the items to the needy along with his father, veteran Tamil filmmaker SA Chandrasekhar.
A fresh date for the celebrations will be decided soon.
Vijay made his cinematic debut in 1992 with Tamil film ‘Naalya Theerpu’. Some of his best films are ‘Ghilli’, ‘Pokkiri’ and ‘Thuppakki’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Commando 2: Vidyut Jammwal takes excitement up a notch ahead of trailer release
- Sussanne Khan tweets about former husband Hrithik Roshan
- Shah Rukh Khan to travel to Delhi in train
- Bigg Boss 10: Nitibha Kaul has an interesting message for all Manveer Gurjar fans – Watch
- Shah Rukh Khan, son AbRam's latest pictures will make you say 'Battery Nahi Bolne Ka'
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport