Bad weather spoils Vijay`s b`day celebrations
Chennai: Tamil actor Vijay`s 39th birthday, which falls June 22, was supposed to be celebrated in style by his fan club here Saturday. However, the plan stands cancelled for the time being due to bad weather conditions.
Members from Vijay`s fan club had planned to carry out charitable activities such as distribution of computers, sewing machines and wheelchairs to as many as 4,000 differently-abled and underprivileged members of different human welfare groups.
Confirming the news, a member from Vijay`s fan club said: "It was all planned, but due to frequent rains in the city over the last few days, we decided to call off the celebrations. It was supposed to be a grand event with large participation."
Vijay, who is currently shooting for upcoming Tamil action-drama ‘Jilla’, was to distribute the items to the needy along with his father, veteran Tamil filmmaker SA Chandrasekhar.
A fresh date for the celebrations will be decided soon.
Vijay made his cinematic debut in 1992 with Tamil film ‘Naalya Theerpu’. Some of his best films are ‘Ghilli’, ‘Pokkiri’ and ‘Thuppakki’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra is spilling hotness all over this summer! - Pic inside
- 'Ok Jaanu' stars Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor take party spirit up a notch! - View pictures
- Riteish Deshmukh fulfills Madhuri Dixit's wish on TV show
- Don't know what item songs mean: Zareen Khan
- Vidya Balan would love to be directed by brother-in-law
- Vidya Balan looks enchanting as Geeta Bali in 'Ekk Albela' poster! – View pic
- Know what Irrfan Khan has to say about Marathi blockbuster ‘Sairat’
- With 'Sairat', Marathi cinema flies high on BO, appreciation
- It's big! Marathi film 'Sairat' rakes in a whopping Rs 65 cr in 3 weeks
- Superstar Mohanlal turns 56