‘Balak Palak’ completes 50 days, Riteish thanks audiences
Mumbai: Riteish Deshmukh`s debut production venture - Marathi film ‘Balak Palak’ - has completed 50 days of successful run at the box office. The actor-filmmaker credits the audiences for the success of the film, which deals with sex education among adolescents.
"We made `Balak Palak` on a sensitive issue and people appreciated it. They even recommended it to others which is why it has completed 50 days here," the 34-year-old said here at the celebration event.
"I thank everyone for watching the film...it is truly the success of the topic that should reach teenagers, should be compulsory in schools," he added.
The film`s director Ravi Jadhav too lauded the Marathi audience for accepting his film ‘Balak Palak’ and appreciating good cinema.
"I feel that Marathi audiences accept good work and a good subject. Since last five years, I have noticed that they watch a good film, be it Bollywood, Telugu, Marathi, Kannada, Tamil. If people like it (a film), they make it a success," Jadhav said and added in films, there is no language barrier.
"What is important is the subject and people have liked the subject and that`s why it has become a hit," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan thanks fans after acquittal in 18-year-old chinkara poaching cases
- 'Dishoom' to get shield against piracy
- Bikini pictures of ‘DJ Wale Babu’ sensation Natasa Stankovic will make your heart skip a beat!
- Guess who? THIS Hollywood celebrity wants to do a film with Shah Rukh Khan
- Sonam Kapoor's look in next film mix of high-end fashion, ethnic