Battle of the superstars; Ajay, Vijay and SRK set for big fight on Diwali day!
Chennai: The box office down south will see three big names - Bollywood stars Ajay Devgn and Shah Rukh Khan and southern star Vijay - vying for the top spot with their releases ‘Son of Sardaar’, ‘Jab Tak Hai Jaan’ and Tamil action-thriller ‘Thuppakki’ respectively. All three hit screens Nov 13.
Vijay, who is on a winning streak, is eyeing a hattrick with ‘Thuppakki’.
"Vijay`s last two films - `Velayutham` and `Nanban` were very successful. Both the films ran for 100-plus days. The former, which released on Diwali day last year, raked in more than Rs.50 crore at the box-office worldwide. Both films together collected more than Rs.100 crore," Trinath, a trade analyst, told IANS.
‘Nanban’, a Tamil remake of Bollywood blockbuster ‘3 Idiots’, collected whopping Rs.4.2 crore in its first week in Chennai.
Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh is set to give tough competition to Vijay at the ticket window.
"SRK is known for giving bumper openings. His last two films `Ra.One` and `Don 2` were equally successful in Tamil Nadu. The former collected Rs.2.2 crore, while the latter raked in Rs.1.3 crore in the first two weeks," Trinath said.
He added that Ajay, who recently joined the Rs.100-crore club with ‘Singham’ and ‘Bol Bachchan’, can`t be taken lightly as well.
"Ajay`s films may not have had good openings in Tamil Nadu vis-a-vis SRK films, but the actor having joined the league of successful actors with two commercially hit films needs to be taken seriously," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: ‘The Sellout' took an emotional toll on me, says Paul Beatty
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival 2017: We are living in best time of human history, says Sadhguru
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Have to be obsessive to play a character: Shah Rukh Khan
- Hrithik Roshan judges his films with first copy itself
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport