Beauty, talent essential for long career: Vithika Sheru
Chennai: She may be just 19, but southern actress Vithika Sheru believes that for a long career in films, it is vital to have a perfect combination of beauty and talent. She says it`s important to strike a balance between being glamorous and playing performance-oriented roles.
"Beauty and talent in appropriate proportion will help an actor to have a long career. Especially, if an actor is doing films in multiple languages, then it comes in handy. While in one language you might be expected to be glamorous, in the other, you could play deglamorised roles," Vithika told IANS.
"I consider it important because it helps you to be open to different roles," she added.
Vithika made her cinematic debut at 15 with Kannada film "Anthu Inthu Preethi Banthu", followed by another Kannada film "Ullasa Uthsaha".
She says she never feared being exploited at a young age.
"I never had the fear of being exploited because I as a child actor I had done TV serials and lots of advertisements at the age of 11. Moreover, my aunt was a designer in Mumbai and was associated with the industry and, so, I was never scared of the industry," she said.
"Also, my mother used to accompany me for all my projects. She still continues to do so and I really don`t feel scared or tense around her," she added.
Vithika believes acting as a child helped her to decide that she wanted to pursue acting as a full-time career.
"Acting as a kid certainly helped me to take up a career in acting seriously. Unlike others, I never enrolled for any acting workshop when I finally got to play a lead role. My experience as a child actor helped me to play my roles effortlessly," she said.
She is currently busy shooting for upcoming Telugu romance `Prema Ishq Kaadhal`.
"Initially, I was scared to be part of this project, which also features two more heroines. I feared that my role would be sidelined. But, I knew that to survive in this competitive industry, I need to prove with my performance," Vithika said.
The film, directed by Pawan Sadhineni, also features Harshvardhan Rane, Vishnu, Harish, Rithu Varma and Srimukhi.
She also has two Tamil films in the offing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ageism in Hollywood is alive and well: Jane Fonda
- Nick Jonas 'too short' to play James Bond
- Regina George's 'Mean Girls' mansion up for sale
- Sharon Osbourne taking one-month break
- Lively called Reynolds a 'hypocrite'
- Taylor Swift's fiercely loyal: Karlie Kloss
- Ed Sheeran may take year off
- Famed Detroit jazz trumpeter Marcus Belgrave dies at 78
- French immigration thriller bags Cannes Palme d'Or
- Rooney Mara, Emmanuelle Bercot share Cannes best actress award
- Feel sad to not see KKR at Eden: Shah Rukh Khan
- Dwayne Johnson sets selfie world record
- Susan Sarandon inaugurates homes for Nepal quake survivors
- Celebrities show support for Ireland's vote for same sex marriage
- Myleene Klass 'happy' post ending year-old relationship with beau
- Ed Sheeran planning a year-long sabbatical to `live a bit`
- Kimye to relive the `best time` of their lives one more time
- Robert De Niro inspires young grads
- JK Rowling feels reputation restored post Daily Mail apology
- `Boxer fetished` Justin Bieber won't repeat underwears
- British actor Terry Sue-Patt found dead
- Allu Arjun inspires brother to sport six-pack abs
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!