Biggest release for `Man of Steel` in Tamil Nadu
Chennai: Zack Snyder`s `Man of Steel` has had the biggest release ever for an English film in Tamil Nadu - it released Friday in 145 screens all over the state.
"This will be the biggest release of an English film ever in the state. We are releasing the Tamil version of the film in about 120 screens and the English version in 25 screens. I think the Superman craze will take the box-office by storm," a spokesperson of Sri Thenandal Films, the film`s distributor in Tamil Nadu, told reporters.
The film is also titled "Man of Steel" in Tamil.
"While the film will be screened in English in major multiplexes in Chennai and Coimbatore, other places will play the Tamil version," added the spokesperson.
`Man of Steel`, a reboot of the story of Superman, features Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Russell Crowe, Kevin Costner, Laurence Fishurne and Michael Shannon.
The film is jointly produced by Christopher Nolan, Charles Roven, Emma Thomas and Deborah Snyder. Nolan and David Goyer have penned the story.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport