Biopic not easy to make: Director Anil
Chennai: Biopics aren`t easy to execute, feels Tamil director Anil, who is awaiting the release of his upcoming Tamil film ‘Nadigaiyin Diary’, based on the life of late southern actress `Silk` Smitha.
"To make a film on someone without hurting anybody`s sentiment is a herculean task. Biopics are a rarity in Indian cinema, but when made, they become extremely challenging because while working on a biopic, lot of detailing should be given to facts," Anil said.
"Even though there is scope for fictionalising events, but one should know how to balance between facts and fiction. It`s a very thin line and, therefore, it`s important to know how to use it effectively," he added.
Originally made in Malayalam as "Climax", the film is dubbed in Tamil as "Nadigaiyin Diary". Both versions of the film are getting ready for release in May.
Arun says the film seeks to reveal the cause of the death of `Silk` Smitha, who became a symbol of sensuality after featuring in bold and semi-nude roles during her career.
"The cause of death of Silk is a myth. Some say it was a suicide, while some claim it was a murder. We have tried to reveal the cause of her death in the film. Besides her death, we have also tried to bring forth the unknown side of her," he said.
"What I`m showing audience in this film is completely different from what was shown in (Hindi film) `The Dirty Picture`," he added.
Sana Khan plays the role of `Silk` Smitha in the film, which is produced by Digital Entertainers.
"The role Sana plays is bold, but not dirty. She has done an amazing job of working day and night for finishing the project in 30 days," said Anil.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy
- No clash between 'Kaabil' and 'Raees': Hrithik Roshan's thriller drama preponed
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Get set to meet Akshay Kumar aka Jolly in 'Jolly LLB 2'! Teaser poster OUT
- Noted Marathi cinema thespian Shriram Gojamgunde dies at 71
- Amy Jackson says Rajinikanth gets nervous about media
- Tamannaah Bhatia excited about 'Queen' remake
- Couple claims Dhanush as biological son; actor asked to appear before court
- Tamannaah Bhatia’s next few announcements will surprise everybody