Bungling of names in Kerala film award
Thiruvananthapuram: In a faux pas in the Kerala State Film Awards, the best male playback singer was mistakenly chosen due to bungling of names.
The jury at the award declaration press meet last week had announced Karthik as the best singer. But the song credited to him in the movie "Orissa" was sung by upcoming singer Pradeep Chandrakumar.
According to music director Ratheesh Vegha, though Karthik sang the song in the audio CD, the one rendered by Pradeep Chandrakumar was included in the film.
"Pradeep sang the track for the song and we recorded it in Karthik`s voice. The song, sung by Karthik, was included in the audio CD also," Vegha said.
"But after the launch of the CD, we felt that the voice of Pradeep was more suitable for it. So we used the song sung by Pradeep in the movie," he said.
He also claimed that Pradeep`s name was given in the list submitted for the state awards.
However, a jury member requesting anonymity, said Pardeep`s name was not there in the list submitted by the producer of the film.
The mistake could be rectified if the producer gave a letter in this regard, stating that it was Pradeep who actually sang the song, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Malayalam actress abduction case: Congress MLA alleges 'serious lapses' in handling case
- Veteran Arun Kakade selected for META Lifetime Achievement
- Have made my space without backing, support, says Aditi Rao Hydari
- I have earned enough money: Akshay Kumar
- Special screening of 'Lion' for Salaam Balak and Google India
- Trisha Krishnan excited about ‘Saamy 2’ with Vikram
- Ranganathan Madhavan - Vijay Sethupathi’s ‘Vikram Vedha’ first look poster unveiled - It’s intriguing!
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Conspiracy angle will be probed, says Kerala govt
- Tamil actress Varalaxmi reveals her 'casting couch' experience, writes 'stop disrespecting women'
- Vidya Balan in a Rajinikanth film?