Capital to host Bengali movie fest
New Delhi: There is good news for the fans of Satyajit Ray, Rituparno Ghosh and Utpalendu Chakraborty`s cinema. The capital is set to host a three-day Regional Film Festival, where movies of these popular filmmakers will be screened.
The festival will screen ‘Apur Sansar’, ‘Dahan’ and ‘Chokh’ at the Siri Fort Auditorium Nov 26-28.
"Regional Film Festival is planned to be celebrated with the screening of three internationally talked about and awarded Bengali movies recommended by the senior members of the advisory committee formed for the festival," J.P. Singh, assistant secretary, Sahitya Kala Parishad, Delhi, said in a statement.
Ray`s ‘Apur Sansar’ is the third part of the Apu Trilogy. Set in the early 20th century, the film revolves around Apu and his journey from a child to an adult. It also features Sharmila Tagore.
Ghosh`s ‘Dahan’ (‘Crossfire’), an award-winning Bengali feature film, is based on Suchitra Bhattacharya`s story of the same name.
Chakraborty`s ‘Chokh’ (‘Eyes’) is about socially relevant issues.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kannada actor Shivarajkumar suffers minor heart attack, admitted to hospital
- Rajinikanth lauds makers of 'Puli'
- 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli's ropes in Mohanlal for Rs 1,000 cr project 'Garuda'?
- What made Anushka Shetty do ‘Rudhramadevi’?
- Satyajit Ray's 'Apu Trilogy' in top five greatest Asian films