‘Challenge` Review: It is engaging and entertaining
New Delhi: Ganesh Kamaraj`s ‘Challenge’ is certainly an out of the box movie. It has less commercial elements, but keeps the audience engaged. There are sequences that keep the viewers on the edge of their seats and it also has some enlightening moments.
Despite less focus on comedy, romance and other aspects that have become a staple in commercial cinema, "Challenge" can be watched once.
However, the film has its own flaws like too many flash backs. Dialogues are the film`s strength and weakness.
The film takes a slow start but picks up later with the narrative becoming interesting and it continues to engage you till the climax.
But the climax is not handled well and disappoints the way it concludes. But still Kamaraj has shown enough talent as a director.
In the story, seven people from different background are locked up in a factory along with a leaking cylinder as a result all of them suffer from short term memory loss.
They forget their identities and their effort to go out do not yield results. Once they regain consciousness, they start suspecting each other.
The story reminds one of Hindi suspense thriller ‘Gumnaam’ (1965). But ‘Challenge’ lacks finesse of ‘Gumnaam’, directed by Raja Nawathe. And you do miss the haunting music of Shankar-Jaikishan.
Achyuth Kumar, who has specialised in doing supportive roles, has done a role with grey shades and is superb in the film.
Harish Raj impresses as much as Kalabhavan Mani. All the other artists like Sanjana Singh, Dilip Raj, and Riyaz Khan are impressive.
Despite lack of commercially pleasing elements, ‘Challenge’ is appealing. Watch it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tough to match Varun's level of dance in 'ABCD2': Shraddha
- 'Bajirao Mastani' Bhansali's most precious project: Ranveer Singh
- Netflix renews 'Grace And Frankie' for season two
- Kriti finds Sonam, Deepika, Priyanka stylish
- Zayn Malik may make 'X Factor' comeback as judge
- 'Supergirl' pilot leaks online six months before schedule
- 'Umrao Jaan' director Muzaffar Ali wraps up 'Jaanisaar'
- Box-office success needed to encourage women helmers: Sarandon
- Katy Perry, John Mayer dating again?
- Taapsee Pannu to don khaki in Selvaraghavan's 'Kaan'
- Lindsay Lohan may complete community service on time
- Kriti finds Sonam, Deepika, Priyanka stylish
- I'm absolutely fine: Adah Sharma on accident rumour
- Sameera Reddy blessed with baby boy!
- Daddy Akshay Kumar goes mango plucking for daughter
- Happy Birthday AbRam Khan!
- Adah Sharma meets with accident, hospitalised
- Watch: Ranveer Singh in 'Hunger Ki Bajao' video!
- See pics: Riteish, Genelia with their little bundle of joy 'Riaan'!
- See: Three generations of Bachchan 'parivar' in one frame!
- Vegas police deny probe into B.B. King poison claims
- No ‘roka’ for Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?