‘Challenge` Review: It is engaging and entertaining
New Delhi: Ganesh Kamaraj`s ‘Challenge’ is certainly an out of the box movie. It has less commercial elements, but keeps the audience engaged. There are sequences that keep the viewers on the edge of their seats and it also has some enlightening moments.
Despite less focus on comedy, romance and other aspects that have become a staple in commercial cinema, "Challenge" can be watched once.
However, the film has its own flaws like too many flash backs. Dialogues are the film`s strength and weakness.
The film takes a slow start but picks up later with the narrative becoming interesting and it continues to engage you till the climax.
But the climax is not handled well and disappoints the way it concludes. But still Kamaraj has shown enough talent as a director.
In the story, seven people from different background are locked up in a factory along with a leaking cylinder as a result all of them suffer from short term memory loss.
They forget their identities and their effort to go out do not yield results. Once they regain consciousness, they start suspecting each other.
The story reminds one of Hindi suspense thriller ‘Gumnaam’ (1965). But ‘Challenge’ lacks finesse of ‘Gumnaam’, directed by Raja Nawathe. And you do miss the haunting music of Shankar-Jaikishan.
Achyuth Kumar, who has specialised in doing supportive roles, has done a role with grey shades and is superb in the film.
Harish Raj impresses as much as Kalabhavan Mani. All the other artists like Sanjana Singh, Dilip Raj, and Riyaz Khan are impressive.
Despite lack of commercially pleasing elements, ‘Challenge’ is appealing. Watch it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dhoni biopic reaffirms faith in youth from small towns: Anupam Kher
- Zee Entertainment announces foray into radio
- Really? Taapsee Pannu got flak for her fashion sense initially
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'—Celebrate heartbreak ala Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma in 'Channa Mereya' song! Watch now
- 'All My Life' creator Agnes Nixon dies at 93
- Talks are on for 'Sairat' Telugu remake!
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside
- Dhanush overjoyed at 'Visaranai' becoming India's Oscar entry
- Tamil film 'Visaranai' is India's official Oscar entry for 2017