Charan Raj wants to be son`s guiding light
Chennai: Popular actor Charan Raj is set to introduce his son Tej Raj in filmdom and says the youngster is ready take the plunge under his guidance.
"Tej has been training to become an actor all these years. Not just acting, he has been training in dance and stunts as well. I think now he is ready to take the plunge because I have been preparing him with the experience I gained over the years," Charan Raj said.
Tej Raj is expected to sign on the dotted line soon and the doting father doesn`t mind the cut-throat competition.
"There is competition in every field and profession. One should worry about the effort one puts in as an actor, not about competition or even success and failure. I wouldn`t let these things affect the conviction of my son," he said.
Charan, who has worked in over 300 films in Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Hindi and Kannada, says it`s vital to have a mentor in the industry.
"When I started as an actor, I didn`t have any godfather in the industry. I struggled my way up the ladder and even made mistakes, but my son has me to show him the right path. It`s very important to have someone to guide you because one might easily get carried away by fame," he said.
In the meantime, Charan, known for films such as ‘Gaayam’, ‘Pratighatana’ and ‘Surya IPS’, will turn director with a Tamil-Telugu bilingual called ‘Gentleman Police’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alia Bhatt celebrates grandmother’s 88th birthday, gives us some relationship goals
- Brangelina split: We're a family and we'll always be a family, says Angelina Jolie
- Shahid Kapoor shares pre-birthday bash photo with Mira Rajput – See Pic
- Varun Dhawan – Ali Bhatt starrer ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’ brand new poster out!
- Saif Ali Khan confirms daughter Sara Ali Khan’s Bollywood debut
- Malayalam actress molestation case: After main accused, two more people detained by police
- Allu Arjun's 'Duvvada Jagannadham' FIRST LOOK out!
- Malayalam actress Bhavana allegedly kidnapped, molested; driver held
- Personally getting involved to release 'Vishwaroopam 2': Kamal Haasan
- Birthday boy Sivakarthikeyan all set to take silver screen by storm with 'Velaikkaran'