Charmi Kaur`s role crucial in `Prema Oka Maikam`: Telugu producer
Chennai: Charmi Kaur, who plays a prostitute in upcoming Telugu romantic-drama ‘Prema Oka Maikam’, has a crucial part in the movie, says Telugu producer D. Venkata Suresh. He insists she wasn`t cast to boost the movie`s glamour quotient.
"We have had several stars playing the role of a prostitute over the years and not all of them have had a negative connotation. While some may have some dark undertone, but Charmi`s role in the film is very important," Suresh, one of the film`s producers, said.
"Since it is a triangular love story involving the role of a prostitute, we were in search of someone who could play the role. We zeroed in on Charmi because we felt she was apt, but not because to add glamour," he added.
‘Prema Oka Maikam’, directed by Chandu, stars Rahul and Saranya in the lead. It is likely to be released in February.
"We will take up the post-production work very soon and are hoping to release the film by next month," said Suresh.
The film, which has music by M.G.K. Praveen and cinematography by Praveen Bhandari, is co-produced by K. Surya Srikanth. It was shot in places such Bangalore and Hyderabad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deols should promote their films well, SRK told Dharmendra
- Spielberg's fan letter made Dwayne Johnson 'grin like a kid'
- 'Simpsons' creator Matt Groening sued by nanny for 'discrimination'
- Iggy Azalea slams media for trying to create 'beef' between her, Britney Spears
- 'Minions' filmmakers Chris Renaud wants to cast Chris Pratt as next 'villain'