Comedian Sunil Varma keen to play villain
Chennai: Comedian-turned-actor Sunil Varma, who is currently enjoying his recently acquired status of a lead actor, says he doesn`t mind playing a villain if a good opportunity comes his way.
"I always aspired to a villain in top directors` films. I`ve always been a fan of filmmaker S.S. Rajamouli, and wished to play a villain in his films. I never got that opportunity but had the privilege of being introduced in a lead role by him in his film `Maryada Ramanna`," Sunil said.
"Even if I land an opportunity to play a villain in Rajamouli`s film today, I would happily do it. In fact, I don`t mind playing a villain in other films as well, provided I get strong roles," he said.
Having started his career as a comedian with films such as `Nuvvu Naaku Nachavu` and `Nuvvu Nenu`, Sunil in the last couple of years had starred in a lead role in `Tadakha` and `Mr. Pellikoduku`.
Although he misses playing comic roles, he is happy with his career.
"I remember doing nearly 10 films a year as a comedian, but now as a hero it becomes difficult to even do two films in a year. I don`t mind doing few films as long as I`m happy with my roles and audiences like my work," said Sunil.
The 39-year old is currently getting ready to star in a mythological drama titled `Bhakta Kannappa`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Peepli Live' co-director Mahmood Farooqui convicted for raping American woman
- Actor-photographer arrested for rape, blackmail
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 633 — Abhi acknowledges Pragya's truth and accepts her wholeheartedly!
- Didn't confirm any leading lady for 'Golmaal 4': Arshad Warsi
- Anurag Kashyap's film honoured in South Korea
- Mahesh Babu gears up for next with AR Murugadoss
- Don't want to be known as Dalit filmmaker: 'Kabali' director
- Kajal Aggarwal grooves for a special song in 'Janatha Garage'
- Know why Radhika Apte couldn’t be a part of ‘Kabali’ promotions
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush