Comedian Sunil Varma keen to play villain
Chennai: Comedian-turned-actor Sunil Varma, who is currently enjoying his recently acquired status of a lead actor, says he doesn`t mind playing a villain if a good opportunity comes his way.
"I always aspired to a villain in top directors` films. I`ve always been a fan of filmmaker S.S. Rajamouli, and wished to play a villain in his films. I never got that opportunity but had the privilege of being introduced in a lead role by him in his film `Maryada Ramanna`," Sunil said.
"Even if I land an opportunity to play a villain in Rajamouli`s film today, I would happily do it. In fact, I don`t mind playing a villain in other films as well, provided I get strong roles," he said.
Having started his career as a comedian with films such as `Nuvvu Naaku Nachavu` and `Nuvvu Nenu`, Sunil in the last couple of years had starred in a lead role in `Tadakha` and `Mr. Pellikoduku`.
Although he misses playing comic roles, he is happy with his career.
"I remember doing nearly 10 films a year as a comedian, but now as a hero it becomes difficult to even do two films in a year. I don`t mind doing few films as long as I`m happy with my roles and audiences like my work," said Sunil.
The 39-year old is currently getting ready to star in a mythological drama titled `Bhakta Kannappa`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Manoj Kumar receives Phalke Award, presents idol to President
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours
- Jacqueline Fernandez keeps mystery alive on her relationship status
- Pakistani actors Adnan Siddiqui, Sajal Aly set to debut in Bollywood film!
- Few real women look like as shown in movies, says new survey!
- Kamal Haasan to revive an old character in his next with daughter Shruti
- Know what Radhika Apte has to say about Rajinikanth
- Rajinikanth starrer 'Kabali' teaser will be out in May?
- Sardaar Gabbar Singh movie review: Entertaining, but lazily written
- HC refuses interim stay on release of Bengali film based on Sheena case