Comedian Sunil Varma keen to play villain
Chennai: Comedian-turned-actor Sunil Varma, who is currently enjoying his recently acquired status of a lead actor, says he doesn`t mind playing a villain if a good opportunity comes his way.
"I always aspired to a villain in top directors` films. I`ve always been a fan of filmmaker S.S. Rajamouli, and wished to play a villain in his films. I never got that opportunity but had the privilege of being introduced in a lead role by him in his film `Maryada Ramanna`," Sunil said.
"Even if I land an opportunity to play a villain in Rajamouli`s film today, I would happily do it. In fact, I don`t mind playing a villain in other films as well, provided I get strong roles," he said.
Having started his career as a comedian with films such as `Nuvvu Naaku Nachavu` and `Nuvvu Nenu`, Sunil in the last couple of years had starred in a lead role in `Tadakha` and `Mr. Pellikoduku`.
Although he misses playing comic roles, he is happy with his career.
"I remember doing nearly 10 films a year as a comedian, but now as a hero it becomes difficult to even do two films in a year. I don`t mind doing few films as long as I`m happy with my roles and audiences like my work," said Sunil.
The 39-year old is currently getting ready to star in a mythological drama titled `Bhakta Kannappa`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oops! Kapil Sharma's show to clash with Krushna Abhishek's 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Sanam Re movie review: Amateurish romantic mishmash
- See in pic: Mahesh Bhatt shares sneak peak from 'Raaz 4'!
- 'Thor' Chris Hemsworth's crazy visit to India with wife Elsa Pataky! – See pics
- Dia Mirza hails Sonam Kapoor's 'Neerja'!
- Priyanka Chopra's first Marathi film 'Ventilator' kicks off!
- Aadarsh Balakrishna joins cast of 'Neram' remake
- Prabhas to double his weight for ‘Baahubali' part 2?
- Post SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2', Prabhas roped in for 'Srimanthudu' team's next?
- South actress Devayani will star with Jr NTR in 'Janath Garage'!