Could have done better in Bengali films: Elena Kazan
Kolkata: Having impressed audiences with the Bengali film ‘Clerk’, Russian model-turned actress Elena Kazan feels she could have fared better in Bengali films if her understanding of the language and culture were stronger.
Kazan was also seen in a bit role in the Bollywood movie ‘Agent Vinod’ starring Saif Ali Khan.
"If I would have learnt more Bengali and Bengali culture, I could have done better in Bengali films. I admire the iconic actress like Suchitra Sen, the most," Kazan said on the sidelines of a promotional song shoot for her forthcoming film ‘Prague’.
Directed by Asish Shukla, ‘Prague’, starring Chandan Roy Sanyal, will open in theatres August.
Fluent in Bengali, Hindi, German, French, English, Spanish and Russian, Kazan says her foray into showbiz was not planned.
"A career in films was far from my mind when I landed in India. It just happened," said the actress.
Working as a unit hand in an Australian short film based in Kolkata, Kazan made her debut in Bengali cinema with the 2010 film ‘Clerk’.
Her maiden Bollywood venture was ‘Gandhi to Hitler’ in 2011.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside
- Dhanush overjoyed at 'Visaranai' becoming India's Oscar entry
- Tamil film 'Visaranai' is India's official Oscar entry for 2017
- Vashu Bhagnani to produce Priyanka Chopra's next home production