Debutant Abhay to play lead in Srinivasa Ramanujan biopic
Chennai: Debutant Tamil actor Abhay, grandson of yesteryear actors Gemini Ganeshan and Savithri, is set to reprise the role of math genius Srinivasa Ramanujan in upcoming Tamil-English bilingual ‘Ramanujan’.
"Abhay will play the titular character of the math genius in the film, which will feature southern actress Bhama as his wife. The film is being simultaneously made in Tamil and English," said a statement.
"Suhasini Maniratnam will play crucial role of that of Ramanujan`s mother," the statement added.
Directed Gnana Rajasekaran is bringing the story of the great mathematician`s extraordinary contributions to mathematical analysis on the screen. Ramanujan died in 1920 at the age of 32.
Also featuring Nizhagal Ravi, Radha Ravi, Abbas, Sarath Babu and Y.G. Mahendran in prominent roles, the film went on the floors recently.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lady Gaga turns editor for magazine
- Shah Rukh Khan strikes a pose with ‘bestest’ friend Divya – See pic
- Bigg Boss, Day 45: Kanwaljeet’s ‘racist’ comment irks Priya; inmates celebrate Rochelle’s birthday!
- Michael Caine named Britain's greatest living movie star
- Aamir's contribution towards cinema is immense: Gracy Singh