Debutant Abhay to play lead in Srinivasa Ramanujan biopic
Chennai: Debutant Tamil actor Abhay, grandson of yesteryear actors Gemini Ganeshan and Savithri, is set to reprise the role of math genius Srinivasa Ramanujan in upcoming Tamil-English bilingual ‘Ramanujan’.
"Abhay will play the titular character of the math genius in the film, which will feature southern actress Bhama as his wife. The film is being simultaneously made in Tamil and English," said a statement.
"Suhasini Maniratnam will play crucial role of that of Ramanujan`s mother," the statement added.
Directed Gnana Rajasekaran is bringing the story of the great mathematician`s extraordinary contributions to mathematical analysis on the screen. Ramanujan died in 1920 at the age of 32.
Also featuring Nizhagal Ravi, Radha Ravi, Abbas, Sarath Babu and Y.G. Mahendran in prominent roles, the film went on the floors recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aditya Pancholi may be evicted from bungalow as landlady wins legal battle
- Salman Khan, Sonam Kapoor look sizzling hot on the cover of Harper’s Bazaar
- What’s Salman Khan’s connection with ‘Pyaar Ka Punchnama 2’ cast
- Why Kris Jenner blasted former husband Caitlyn
- Miley Cyrus uses sunflowers to cover her modesty
- 'Baahubali' director SS Rajamouli's ropes in Mohanlal for Rs 1,000 cr project 'Garuda'?
- What made Anushka Shetty do ‘Rudhramadevi’?
- Satyajit Ray's 'Apu Trilogy' in top five greatest Asian films
- Anushka fought like true warrior in 'Rudhramadevi': Vikramjeet Virk
- Shruti Haasan records song with Anirudh Ravichander for Tamil film 'Vedalam'