Debutant Abhay to play lead in Srinivasa Ramanujan biopic
Chennai: Debutant Tamil actor Abhay, grandson of yesteryear actors Gemini Ganeshan and Savithri, is set to reprise the role of math genius Srinivasa Ramanujan in upcoming Tamil-English bilingual ‘Ramanujan’.
"Abhay will play the titular character of the math genius in the film, which will feature southern actress Bhama as his wife. The film is being simultaneously made in Tamil and English," said a statement.
"Suhasini Maniratnam will play crucial role of that of Ramanujan`s mother," the statement added.
Directed Gnana Rajasekaran is bringing the story of the great mathematician`s extraordinary contributions to mathematical analysis on the screen. Ramanujan died in 1920 at the age of 32.
Also featuring Nizhagal Ravi, Radha Ravi, Abbas, Sarath Babu and Y.G. Mahendran in prominent roles, the film went on the floors recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Devdas', 'Veer-Zaara' to be screened at theatres in the US
- Madhur Bhandarkar reveals first look of Kirti Kulhari starrer 'Indu Sarkar'
- Want to go worldwide with digital foray: Shilpa Shetty
- Girls should hit back if touched inappropriately, says Akshay Kumar
- Irrfan Khan in Georgia for 'Hindi Medium' shooting
- Rajinikanth to essay 5 characters, Akshay Kumar to portray 12 avatars in '2.0'?
- Why Katappa killed Baahubali? Sathyaraj answers the question! - Watch
- ''Baahubali', 67 years later, has beaten the magic created by 'Mughal-e-Azam' on screen'
- Baahubali 2: New poster featuring angry Prabhas unveiled! - See pic
- 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' creates history, to have India's first Live Virtual Reality event