Dhanush`s next film gets new title
Chennai: The title of Tamil actor Dhanush`s new romantic-comedy `Sotta Vazhakutty` has been changed to `Naiyaandi`, according to the director.
"It was earlier titled `Sotta Vazhakutty` but now it has been changed to `Naiyaandi` as I found this title more apt to the context of the film," A. Sarkunam said in a statement.
While Dhanush has been finalised to play the male lead, the makers are still hunting for a heroine. The film`s other cast members include Parota Suri, Satyan and Lakshmy Ramakrishnan.
"We still are on the lookout for the female lead. The story tracks the events that pave way to hilarious moments in the love story between a lantern selling boy and a soon-to-be dentist girl," he added.
The primary shooting of the film is set to begin from February. It is produced by S. Kadiresan under the banner of Five Star Films.
Meanwhile, Dhanush is about to wrap up shooting for his debut Bollywood project `Raanjhnaa`, opposite Sonam Kapoor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone's 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' to have India premiere ahead of its release
- Amitabh Bachchan spills the beans on Ram Gopal Varma's 'Sarkar 3' shoot
- Ajay Devgn praises PM Narendra Modi, reveals why they meet less now
- Confirmed: Karan Johar's 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil', Ajay Devgn's 'Shivaay' not to release in Pakistan
- 'Nightingale of Kashmir' Raj Begum passes away aged 89
- Priyanka Chopra's debut Marathi production Ventilator gets dramatic world premiere
- First look of Prabhas starrer 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' is finally out!
- Vivek Oberoi's to make his Tamil debut with Ajith's next
- SS Rajamouli to share first look of 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' at MAMI
- Rana Daggubati, Prabhas’ 'Baahubali 2' promises to be bigger and better