Dhanush, Vetrimaaran to join hands soon
Chennai: After successful Tamil films such as `Pollathavan` and National Award winning `Aadukalam`, actor Dhanush and filmmaker Vetrimaaran will team up to work in an untitled Tamil venture to be produced by Dhayanidhi Alagiri.
"The script is locked for Dhanush-Vetrimaaran project. The technical team is finalised and pre-production work will start in full swing," said producer Dhayanidhi in one of his tweets.
They will make a detailed announcement soon, he said and added that the project has materialised after "three-year" long wait. "We are finally here and it`s time to lock and load," he further posted.
Dhanush and Vetrimaaran were last seen together in Tamil romantic-drama "Aadukalam", a story about rooster fights in Tamil Nadu.
The film won six National Awards for best director, best screenplay, best actor, best editing, best choreography and a special jury award.
Their first outing was Tamil romantic-thriller `Pollathavan`, about a lost bike and its repercussions. It was later remade in Telugu as `Kuradu` with Varun Sandesh in the lead.
Vetrimaaran has directed two films so far and both of them have been with Dhanush. He produced and penned the story of two recent Tamil films `Udhayam` and `Naan Rajavaga Pogiren`.
Meanwhile, Dhanush is awaiting the release of Hindi debut `Raanjhnaa` and Tamil romantic-drama `Mariyaan`. He is currently shooting for Tamil comedy `Naiyaandi`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out these 10 essential fashion life hacks that everyone should know!
- Here's how Aamir Khan plans to surprise Kiran Rao on their 11th wedding anniversary!
- Shah Rukh Khan aka Miyan Bhai's dialoguebaazi from 'Raees' takes excitement up a notch!
- Alia Bhatt, Varun Dhawan to recreate 'Tamma Tamma' magic in 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania'!
- Throwback! We bet you haven't seen these rare Bollywood pictures