Digitally restored `Kasturi Nivasa` ready for release
Chennai: Late Kannada superstar Rajkumar`s 1971 classic "Kasturi Nivasa" has been digitally restored in colour, says producer K.C.N. Mohan, who is planning to release the film in August in cinemas.
Mohan is the son of K.C.N. Gowda, who originally produced the film.
"My father wanted to release `Kasturi Nivasa` in colour and when he started work on it, he unfortunately passed away. I`ve taken up the responsibility of releasing the colour version of the film in digital format. We plan to release it in August," Mohan told reporters.
"It took us two years to complete the film and give it a new look. It was extremely challenging because you have to look into every frame, convert it from negative to digital format. Songs had to be converted into digital as well. It was like making a new film," he added.
Directed by Dorai-Bhagavan, the film tracks the story of a generous man and the problems he faces due to his generosity.
The film also features Narasimharaju, Balakrishna, K.S. Ashwath and Jayanthi in lead roles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside
- Dhanush overjoyed at 'Visaranai' becoming India's Oscar entry
- Tamil film 'Visaranai' is India's official Oscar entry for 2017
- Vashu Bhagnani to produce Priyanka Chopra's next home production
- 'Thodari' release delayed in Karnataka