Don`t promote `Madha Gadha Raja` as MGR: Vishal
Chennai: The much-delayed Vishal Krishna-starrer Tamil romantic-comedy `Madha Gadha Raja` is slated to release Sep 6, and actor Vishal does not want it promote MGR, the title`s abbreviated version.
The late iconic M.G. Ramachandran, who was chief minister of the state for a decade until his death in 1987, was popularly known as MGR.
"I have been hearing people using the abbreviated version of the title. I want to reiterate that the film is titled `Madha Gadha Raja` and not MGR. We don`t want to attract controversy and therefore I urge everyone to stop using the abbreviated title," Vishal told IANS.
Directed by Sundar C, the film is releasing after eight months of delay. It was slated to come out during Pongal.
"The film was delayed due to several reasons, but I`m glad it`s finally coming out. It`s an out-and-out comedy entertainer. I`m sure audiences will love it," said the actor, without giving any details.
"Madha Gadha Raja", also featuring Anjali, Varalakshmi, Sada, Santhanam and Sonu Sood in important roles, has been dubbed in Telugu as "Nataraja Thaney Raja" and will simultaneously released along with its Tamil version.
Vishal, who turned producer with the recently released Tamil action-comedy "Pattatthu Yaanai", has bought the distribution rights of Tamil and Telugu version of "Madha Gadha Raja".
He will be releasing the film under his home banner Vishal Factory.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- You cannot take your eyes off 'sloth struck' Ranveer Singh lazing around!- See it to believe it
- Dance songs should not be called item numbers: Aditi Rao Hydari
- Arbaaz Khan speaks about his character in 'Tera Intezaar'- READ
- Kangana Ranaut looking forward to next project- Know all about it!
- Do's & Donts while worshipping a Shivling—A must read!
- Mahesh Babu gears up for next with AR Murugadoss
- Don't want to be known as Dalit filmmaker: 'Kabali' director
- Kajal Aggarwal grooves for a special song in 'Janatha Garage'
- Know why Radhika Apte couldn’t be a part of ‘Kabali’ promotions
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush