Eight Indian movies to be screened at Muscat film festival
A total of eight Indian films, including five from Kerala, are scheduled to be screened at this year`s Muscat International Film Festival (MIFF) to be held from March 23 till 29.
According to organizers of the festival, besides the five Malayalam movies there will be one movie each in Hindi, Bengali and Oriya.
`Celluloid`, `Adaminte Makan Abu`, `Pazhassi Raja`, `Orissa` and `Artist` are the Malayalam movies to be screened during the festival.
"The movie `Artist` will be competing in the best foreign language category at the film fest," Riju Ram, who is organizing Indian movies at the film fest, said.
Directed by Shyamaprasad, `Artist` is an adaptation of Dreams In Prussian Blue, a paperback novel by Paritosh Uttam. The film is about two fine arts students, both driven by individual ambitions, who decide to live together.
Mammootty will be the special guest at the closing ceremony. He said that they are trying to include another Malayalam movie, Shutter, to be screened at the festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Viral video: When Robert Downey Jr spoke like Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Reactions to Salman's tweets on Yakub were premature: Riteish Deshmukh
- Thankful to Zindagi for bringing countries closer: Adnan Siddiqui
- Kareena to be the showstopper at the Lakme Grand Finale
- Pixels movie review - Lacklustre and disappointing