Ekta Kapoor to sign Varun Dhawan for a Telugu remake?
Mumbai: Newcomer Varun Dhawan is likely to feature in the remake of a Telugu film to be produced by Ekta Kapoor.
Varun, 25, made a hit debut with Karan Johar`s `Student Of The Year` along with Siddharth Malhotra and Alia Bhatt last year.
"We have approached Varun... We are in talks with him. Things are in process. We are getting things working out. We had bought the rights of the Telugu film a year back," a source close to the project said.
Gossip mills are abuzz that the film in question is a comedy and will be directed by David Dhawan. But there has been no official announcement from the makers yet.
"We are in process of finalising things including the cast and crew. We will hopefully make an announcement in a week`s time," the source added.
The shooting for the film is likely to begin from this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Actress resumes work
- The Ghazi Attack: First week Box Office collections figures of Rana Daggubati starrer are out!
- Malayalam actress molestation case: Didn’t photograph more actors, says accused Sunil Kumar
- Vikram Vedha: R Madhavan - Vijay Sethupathi's on screen face off is incredibly captivating – WATCH
- ‘Baahubali 2’ motion poster will make your jaw drop! WATCH