Ex-lovers Simbu, Nayanthara to reunite on-screen
Chennai: Seven years after they decided not to work together again, actors Silambarasan aka Simbu and Nayanthara will team up for an upcoming yet-untitled Tamil romantic comedy. The film`s director Pandiraj is responsible for bringing them back on screen.
While working on 2006 Tamil romantic-drama `Vallavan`, Simbu and Nayanthara started dating each other, but the relationship didn`t last long. However, the director managed to persuade Nayanthara for the role.
"I couldn`t think of anyone besides Nayanthara for the role, but she was not ready to work with Simbu because of their past. But I requested her to look at this from a professional angle and leave the past behind," Pandiraj said.
"Finally, I had to remind her about Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone, who worked together despite being partners in the past. Eventually, she agreed to do the film only because she loved the script and not for any other reason," he added.
Simbu, who had no qualms to work with Nayanthara, will produce the film.
"He didn`t even hesitate a little and agreed instantly to act in the film. He even expressed interest to produce it," said Pandiraj.
The rest of the film`s cast is yet to be finalised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Police file charge sheet against `Peepli-Live` co-director Mahmood Farooqui in rape case
- TV star Pearl V Puri wants to pay tribute to RD Burman
- Watch: John, Anil in `funny wedding` song from` Welcome Back`
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed