Filmfare` award winner `Phoring` makes it to LA film fest
Kolkata: Bengali film `Phoring`, which was screened in the IFFI-2013, has been selected for the Los Angeles Film Festival of independent experimental Indian films.
The film, which deals with a boy stepping into his adulthood and the attendant questions that appear in his mind, will be screened on April 12 and vie for top honours with some other well-appreciated Indian films.
Director Indranil Roychowdhury told, "The festival had last year screened `Gangs of Wasseypur`, `Ship of Theseus` and `Miss Lovely`."
Winner of the Best Debut Director prize at the Filmfare Awards (East) 2013 for `Phoring`, Indranil said though he was not happy with the film`s early withdrawal from single screens and multiplexes on the second of week of its commercial release, the feedback at the IFFI Goa has more than encouraged him.
The director explained that his film was neither a take-off on Ritwik Ghatak`s classic `Bari Theke Paliye` nor is it based on a boy`s fantasy.
`Phoring` will vie for honours with independent films like `Ugly`, `Sold`, `Fandry` and `Sidharth`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Superstar Rajinikanth requests fans not to celebrate his birthday
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Life lessons: 7 reasons why you should never give up!
- Sanjay Dutt to star in 'Bhoomi'! FIRST LOOK out
- Rishi Kapoor and Neetu Kapoor thank Gauri Khan for turning Ranbir's house into home!