Finding actors to play real-life characters tough: Telugu director
Chennai: Veteran director P. Chandrasekhar Reddy, whose upcoming Telugu politic-drama `Jagannayakudu` is based on the life of late politician Y. Rajasekhar Reddy (YSR) and his family, says finding actors to play real life characters is a daunting task.
"Not many would be interested to reprise the role of a real-life personality for several reasons. To find actors who could do justice to such characters is most challenging for any director because wrong casting will not just affect the film, but the well-wishers of the person on whom the film is based on," Reddy told reporters.
"My film narrates the journey of late YSR since his days in a village to one of the popular politicians of the country. I`m in talks with many actors but haven`t zeroed in on anyone in particular. The process is very tedious because there are so many factors to keep in mind," he said.
He wants someone with whom audiences can easily connect with.
"Neither can I cast a new face to play a popular public figure nor can I approach a superstar to essay these roles. It`s important to cast someone audiences are familiar with and accept in the role. This is why casting for real-life stories takes a lot of time," rued Reddy.
The director clarifies that the film will not only be about YSR`s political regime.
"The story will take us through the making of a leader. How YSR started his career by indulging in lot of medical service before joining politics. We will also focus on the rise of YSR`s son Jagan Mohan Reddy and his daughter Sharmila," he said.
Reddy, known for classics `Badipanthulu` and `Paadipantalu`, points out another problem in casting.
"Since the story is about YSR and his family, I need to be extra careful in choosing actor who could do justice to all the characters in the film. The story will feature all the key members of YSR family, including his son, wife and daughter," he said.
"You might get one actor who could play the role of YSR to perfection, but other characters are equally important. You can`t compromise on other characters because the story is not just about YSR," he said.
However, Reddy hopes to finish casting soon and start shooting.
Anantha Padmanbha Reddy will produce `Jagannayakudu`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Michael Jackson`s Neverland on sale for $100 million
- Witch hunting to be subject of new Assamese film
- Alia Bhatt teams up with mother for new ad
- Sonakshi Sinha's singing performance at IIFA a 'dream come true'
- IBFW 2015 to start on July 15, go beyond metros
- Khloe ready to finalise divorce from Lamar Odom
- 'San Andreas' review: This temblor is worth watching
- Neelesh Misra to scrutinise Indian governance in 'Ramrajya'
- 'Socially appealing' show attracts Amol Palekar back to TV
- 28 years of 'Mr. India' and Anil Kapoor still looks the same
- Shoojit Sircar is terrific: Yami Gautam
- Sonu Nigam teams up with Sandesh Shandilya for 'Chalk n Duster'
- 'Entourage' soundtrack out in June
- Getting perfect pitch possible for some adult musicians
- Taylor Swift concert wristband save three teenagers' lives
- Jason Derulo unveils new album
- Happy Mondays making music with tribes
- Musical tribute to Noor Jehan, but with a twist
- Sonakshi Sinha to sing at IIFA
- Watch: Dance guru Prabhudheva's mind-blowing act in 'Happy Hour' from 'ABCD2'!
- 'Lay Me Down' changed my life: Sam Smith
- Rap mogul 'Suge' Knight refuses to attend L.A. court hearing
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Street food in Delhi contains high levels of faecal matter
- Meet 92-year-old Phyllis Sues who dances toTango
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- Priyanka, Ranveer talk about their film 'Dil Dhadakne Do'
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi
- Watch: ISIS prisoner digging his own grave
- DNA: Pentagon report says Beijing accelerates land reclamation in South China Sea
- 50 percent refund on Tatkal ticket cancellation
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared
- Maggi noodles likely to face ban in India, FSSAI orders sample examination
- Heatwave toll in Andhra Pradesh reaches 1,490
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt