Ganesh Venkatraman finds police officer`s role inspiring
Chennai: Southern actor Ganesh Venkatraman, who rose to stardom when he donned the khaki for hit film ‘Unnai Pol Oruvan’, is playing a police officer again in upcoming Tamil romantic-thriller ‘Ivan Veramathiri’. He says he finds cop roles very inspiring.
‘Unnai Pol Oruvan’, a Tamil remake of ‘A Wednesday’ is one of the best films in his career.
"(It`s) always inspiring to play a cop (and) to think and act differently. I salute the real guys for the efforts they make to keep the crime rate low and the streets clean," posted Ganesh on his Twitter page.
"(I`m) shooting in Pondicherry for a racy car chase sequence for the climax of `Ivan Veramathiri`. Driving in full throttle in my police vehicle," he posted.
Ganesh plays an IPS officer in the film and the cast also includes Vikram Prabhu and Lakshmi Menon in the lead roles. It is being directed by M. Saravanan.
Meanwhile, Ganesh is awaiting the release of Tamil comedy ‘Theeya Velai Seiyyanum Kummaru’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Talks are on for 'Sairat' Telugu remake!
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside
- Dhanush overjoyed at 'Visaranai' becoming India's Oscar entry
- Tamil film 'Visaranai' is India's official Oscar entry for 2017