Ghosts the flavour of Bengali film industry : Sandip
Kolkata: Not ruling out a sequel to his spooky `Jekhane Bhooter Bhoy` based on two Satyajit Ray short stories, director son Sandip said ghosts appear to be the flavour of Tollywood at present.
"Yes `Abar Jekhane Bhooter Bhoy` (Jekhane Bhooter Bhoy Again) remains in the realm of possibility. A sequel can be thought about given the current popularity of `bhoots` (anything supernatural) in Tollywood. But let me settle for the stories, the cast and finalise other nitty-gritties which will take time. It is hypothetical at this stage," Sandip told reporters during the DVD launch of the movie yesterday.
"Yes Jekhane Bhooter Bhoy was another hit after Bhooter Bhabisyot by Anik Dutta. I guess our audiences have fallen in love with not-so-hostile ghosts," the `Royal Bengal Rahasya` director, on the exploits of sleuth Feluda, said.
Actor Abir Chatterjee, an important cast member of the movie said while it did good business in the country, the Bengali expatriates were deprived.
"We need to have more back-to-back releases for our films which are seeing a resurgence in terms of audience turnout, profile and contents and treatment with topics ranging from relationship to ghosts," Abir, who also turns up in Raj Chakroborty political thriller `Kanamachhi` said.
"Jekhane Bhooter Bhoy` did brisk business in Banglalore, Pune and Mumbai plexes following its release in December end besides running to full houses in single screen and plexes in Bengal terriroty for consecutive weeks.
The DVD will now satiate the non resident Bengalis not having savoured the movie on the big screen," Mahendra Soni of Venkatesh films said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mujhse Shaadi Karogi' one of my favourite movies: Priyanka Chopra
- Karan Johar just revealed something interesting about 'Saifeena'! - Details inside
- Morgan Freeman in talks to star in Disney's 'The Nutcracker and the Four Realms'
- Inspirational! Milind Soman is running barefoot from Ahmedabad to Mumbai – Know why
- Ranveer Singh just shared words of wisdom online and we couldn't agree more!
- Mahesh Babu gears up for next with AR Murugadoss
- Don't want to be known as Dalit filmmaker: 'Kabali' director
- Kajal Aggarwal grooves for a special song in 'Janatha Garage'
- Know why Radhika Apte couldn’t be a part of ‘Kabali’ promotions
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush