Good actor can enact scene in three million ways: Lakshmi Manchu
Hyderabad: Telugu producer-cum-actor Lakshmi Manchu said Saturday that a hallmark of a good actor is that he or she can perform one single scene in three million different ways.
"If you need to excel in the art of film making, then you need to adapt to all crafts of film making. One needs to learn to perform a single scene in three million different ways as an actor. As a director, one should also get in front of the camera and act to bring the best out of the cast," said Lakshmi, addressing graduating students of Annapurna International School for Film and Media here.
From the perspective of a producer, she said movies seldom fail, but budgets do.
"We make a big budget film when it could have been done in a lot more simpler way because audiences in this region like to see big things on screen. They like to see their hero doing larger than life stunts and expect lot of magnificence in the film," she said.
"This is why most big budgets fail. But, now I feel that we are inching towards making films like those made in other industries which are smaller in budget and experimental in nature," Lakshmi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 725: Sarla reveals the truth behind Pragya's fake pregnancy
- No clash between 'Kaabil' and 'Raees': Hrithik Roshan's thriller drama preponed
- 7 ways in which you can make your Grandparents feel important!
- Get set to meet Akshay Kumar aka Jolly in 'Jolly LLB 2'! Teaser poster OUT
- Noted Marathi cinema thespian Shriram Gojamgunde dies at 71
- Amy Jackson says Rajinikanth gets nervous about media
- Tamannaah Bhatia excited about 'Queen' remake
- Couple claims Dhanush as biological son; actor asked to appear before court
- Tamannaah Bhatia’s next few announcements will surprise everybody