Good response to 'Dracula' movie, says film director
Kozhikode: Film director Vinayan today claimed that there was good response from the people to his Malayalam film 'Dracula 3D 2012', in the state and in some cinema houses the movie had completed 50 days of screening.
Vinayan, who has a running feud with a leading organisation of the Malayalam film industry, alleged that he had to encounter lots of problems before the film could be released.
"Even though the film did not have superstars, people had accepted it as they knew the problems I was facing during the last five years," he said
"I had faced lot of harassment that do not suit in a state like Kerala from the film organisation," he said.
Vinayan alleged he was all set to start the 'mixing' works of 'Dracula' at a studio, but it could not be done at the last minute due to the intervention by a prominent film organisation.
Pointing out that Mohanlal, general secretary of the Association of Malayalam Movie Artists (AMMA), is a good actor, he wanted to know whether the harassment by the film industry was with the knowledge of Mohanlal.
A lot of new faces are coming into films and people are accepting them, he said.
Vinayan, who has directed 35 films including four in Tamil, said his next project 'Little Super Man' is a children's film in which over 150 children will be acting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hilarious video alert! Akshay Kumar, Riteish Deshmukh play table tennis
- Bipasha Basu – Karan Singh Grover wedding: New photos of pretty bride and handsome groom
- ISKCON pins hopes on PM Narendra Modi for Krishna temple in Moscow
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kamal Haasan to revive an old character in his next with daughter Shruti
- Know what Radhika Apte has to say about Rajinikanth
- Rajinikanth starrer 'Kabali' teaser will be out in May?
- Sardaar Gabbar Singh movie review: Entertaining, but lazily written
- HC refuses interim stay on release of Bengali film based on Sheena case