Happy with IFFI response to `Thangameengal`, says director
Panaji: Filmmaker Ramsubramaniam is elated with the response his Tamil family drama ‘Thangameengal’ received at the ongoing International Film Festival of India (IFFI) when it was screened here Tuesday.
"I`m overwhelmed with the response our film has received from the audience from different parts of the world. Being the only Tamil film selected in the Indian Panorama section, a proud red carpet welcome was given to the cast and crew of the film," Ramsubramaniam said.
‘Thangameengal’, which revolves around the relationship between a father and his daughter with focus on primary school education, will be screened again here Friday.
"To share a platform being used by several path-breaking films from across the world is indeed an achievement for our film. I hope several other Tamil films also get to share this platform in the future," he added.
The film, produced by Gautham Vasudev Menon, didn`t churn big bucks at the Box Office, but was raved by the critics.
Ramsubramaniam had also played the lead role in ‘Thangameengal’, which also featured Padmapriya, Rohini and Baby Sadhana in important roles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- You cannot take your eyes off 'sloth struck' Ranveer Singh lazing around!- See it to believe it
- Dance songs should not be called item numbers: Aditi Rao Hydari
- Arbaaz Khan speaks about his character in 'Tera Intezaar'- READ
- Kangana Ranaut looking forward to next project- Know all about it!
- Do's & Donts while worshipping a Shivling—A must read!
- Mahesh Babu gears up for next with AR Murugadoss
- Don't want to be known as Dalit filmmaker: 'Kabali' director
- Kajal Aggarwal grooves for a special song in 'Janatha Garage'
- Know why Radhika Apte couldn’t be a part of ‘Kabali’ promotions
- Freeze frame! ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth strikes a pose with son-in-law Dhanush