Happy with IFFI response to `Thangameengal`, says director
Panaji: Filmmaker Ramsubramaniam is elated with the response his Tamil family drama ‘Thangameengal’ received at the ongoing International Film Festival of India (IFFI) when it was screened here Tuesday.
"I`m overwhelmed with the response our film has received from the audience from different parts of the world. Being the only Tamil film selected in the Indian Panorama section, a proud red carpet welcome was given to the cast and crew of the film," Ramsubramaniam said.
‘Thangameengal’, which revolves around the relationship between a father and his daughter with focus on primary school education, will be screened again here Friday.
"To share a platform being used by several path-breaking films from across the world is indeed an achievement for our film. I hope several other Tamil films also get to share this platform in the future," he added.
The film, produced by Gautham Vasudev Menon, didn`t churn big bucks at the Box Office, but was raved by the critics.
Ramsubramaniam had also played the lead role in ‘Thangameengal’, which also featured Padmapriya, Rohini and Baby Sadhana in important roles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kamal Haasan slams PETA over jallikattu, asks it to ban 'bull riding rodeos' in Trump's US
- Bollywood celebs saddened by Hirakhand Express tragedy
- Priyanka Chopra shows support for anti-Trump Women's March
- Box Office report: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' picks up pace on weekend again
- I have learned to make peace with failure: Hrithik Roshan
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels
- Jallikattu row: After Kamal Haasan, Rajinikanth bats for bull taming sport