Have always been a loyal Congressman: Actor Jagadish
Thiruvananthapuram: Amid reports that ace comedian and character artist Jagadish would likely be fielded by the Congress for the Lok Sabha polls, the actor has said none has approached him so far.
"My association with the Congress party began almost four decades ago when I was a student and whenever I contested, it was only under the Congress banner and I always won. So, if the party wishes that I contest, I will not say no,".
During the 2011 Kerala assembly polls, Jagadish was the most sought after campaigner of the Congress-led United Democratic Front candidates and he managed to reach out to maximum people.
"I have come to know from reliable sources that the party is considering fielding me. If I get a call, I will certainly accept it and there is no going back on it," said Jagadish, who has acted in over 350 films and also is a popular TV actor.
Starting his career as a Commerce lecturer in late 1980s and after doubling up as a teacher as well as actor, he took leave from the college and turned full-time to acting. His wife is a professor at a state-run medical college.
Since 1984 when he acted in "My Dear Kuttichathan", he has played the lead role in 40 films and scripted a dozen films, including "Mazha Peyyunnu Maddalam Kottunnu" and "Minda Poochakku Kalyanam".
His popular films include "Vandanam", "Mukhachitram", "In Harihar Nagar", "Godfather" and "Hitler" to name a few.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha collaborates with all-female production in New York
- Grateful to amazing people who made ‘Neerja' happen: Producer
- Riteish Deshmukh tweets an important life lesson on Shivaji Jayanti!
- Ashish Kaul appointed CEO of Prakash Jha Productions
- Rajkummar Rao's presence in Hansal Mehta's life has been 'transformative'
- Malayalam actress molestation case: After main accused, two more people detained by police
- Allu Arjun's 'Duvvada Jagannadham' FIRST LOOK out!
- Malayalam actress Bhavana allegedly kidnapped, molested; driver held
- Personally getting involved to release 'Vishwaroopam 2': Kamal Haasan
- Birthday boy Sivakarthikeyan all set to take silver screen by storm with 'Velaikkaran'