Hindi, Tamil remake for `Prema Katha Chitram`
Chennai: Telugu horror-comedy ‘Prema Katha Chitram’, which stars Sudheer Babu, will be remade in Hindi and Tamil. The remake rights are said to have been bought for a fancy price.
"The remake rights have been bought for an exorbitant price. While the Hindi remake rights have been bought by Adi Seshagiri Rao, the Tamil remake rights have been purchased by Tamil producer Kasi," Sudharshan Reddy, producer of ‘Prema Katha Chitram’ said.
"Both Adi and Kasi are on the lookout for big studios in Hindi and Tamil respectively to have the film remade," he added.
Made with a budget of Rs.2.2 crore, ‘Prema Katha Chitram’, which released June 7, was declared a sleeper hit. It went on to collect over Rs.10 crore in the first two weeks at the ticket window.
Presented as a horror-comedy-cum-thriller, the film was about how the life of four youngsters, who are on the brink of committing suicide, changes forever when they enter a farmhouse in the woods.
Directed by debutant J. Prabhakar Reddy, the film also features Nanditha, Pradeep and Giri in important roles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Visaaranai movie review: Honest, spine-chilling take on abuse of power
- Visaranai quick review: Thrilling ode by Vetrimaaran!
- Ilaya Thalapathy Vijay packs an impressive punch in 'Theri' teaser—Watch it here!
- Radhika Apte joins ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth in Malaysia
- Gujarat government’s new policy to boost regional cinema