Hit Bengali film to be released in Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore
Kolkata: Encouraged by the success of satirical comedy `Bhooter Bhabishyat` (The Future of the Past) released in West Bengal last month, the producers have decided to theatrically release it in Mumbai, New Delhi and even Bangalore.
Next week, the film will be released at multiplexes in Mumbai followed by a staggered release in Delhi and Bangalore in June.
"We have tied up with 15 Bengali cultural associations in Mumbai to promote the film and bring in audiences," said the film`s distributor Soumo Ganguly of Moxie Entertainment.
Trade sources said the film starring Parambrata Chatterjee of ‘Kahaani’ fame, Sabyasachi Chakraborty and Swastika Mukherjee has already done business in excess of Rs two crore.
Made by debutante director Anik Datta, the film which was released on March 16 in Kolkata, revolves around a bunch of ghosts who inhabit a dilapidated house which a promoter wants to raze and build a highrise.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Throwback! We bet you haven't seen these rare Bollywood pictures
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 731: Robbers threaten to kill Pragya
- Box Office report: Opening day collections of Ranveer Singh's 'Befikre' are out!
- Aditya Roy Kapur, Shraddha Kapoor's 'OK Jaanu' new poster is too cute to handle!
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics