Hoped Kichcha Sudeep will win award too, says SS Rajamouli
Chennai: Though happy that his Telugu revenge-drama ‘Eega’ pocketed two National Awards Monday, Telugu filmmaker S.S Rajamouli was hoping Kannada star Kichcha Sudeep, who played the antagonist in the film, would win an award as well.
"Well, we were expecting for visual FX for sure and I was also expecting an award for Sudeep. I feel happy for my team and Makuta VFX who really crossed barriers, particularly in animation, to get the amazing result," Rajamouli said.
‘Eega’ was a story about how a young man, who is reborn as a housefly, takes revenge on his killer. It also featured Nani and Samantha Ruth Prabhu.
The film won Nation Awards for "Best Special Effects" and "Best Regional Film" in Telugu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranganathan Madhavan achieved lean look for ‘Vikram Veda’ without workout
- Diljit Dosanjh is Ekta Kapoor's 'Super Singh'
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- Actress Trisha in Jallikattu row, says never opposed the sport
- Will Priyanka Chopra do a Punjabi film? Here's what 'Sarvann' director feels