Hoped Kichcha Sudeep will win award too, says SS Rajamouli
Chennai: Though happy that his Telugu revenge-drama ‘Eega’ pocketed two National Awards Monday, Telugu filmmaker S.S Rajamouli was hoping Kannada star Kichcha Sudeep, who played the antagonist in the film, would win an award as well.
"Well, we were expecting for visual FX for sure and I was also expecting an award for Sudeep. I feel happy for my team and Makuta VFX who really crossed barriers, particularly in animation, to get the amazing result," Rajamouli said.
‘Eega’ was a story about how a young man, who is reborn as a housefly, takes revenge on his killer. It also featured Nani and Samantha Ruth Prabhu.
The film won Nation Awards for "Best Special Effects" and "Best Regional Film" in Telugu.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Manoj Kumar receives Phalke Award, presents idol to President
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours
- Jacqueline Fernandez keeps mystery alive on her relationship status
- Pakistani actors Adnan Siddiqui, Sajal Aly set to debut in Bollywood film!
- Few real women look like as shown in movies, says new survey!
- Kamal Haasan to revive an old character in his next with daughter Shruti
- Know what Radhika Apte has to say about Rajinikanth
- Rajinikanth starrer 'Kabali' teaser will be out in May?
- Sardaar Gabbar Singh movie review: Entertaining, but lazily written
- HC refuses interim stay on release of Bengali film based on Sheena case