I don`t make Marathi films without subtitles: Riteish Deshmukh
Mumbai: Actor-producer Riteish Deshmukh, who feels that Marathi films have worked purely because of their good content, says he too focuses on this and also ensures that "all my films comes with subtitles".
"The Marathi film industry has worked only because of the content and I think that shouldn`t change. It`s bold because they make films with different content, which we can never make in Hindi," said Riteish who will soon be seen in ‘Humshakals’.
"Content should be interesting... what has given Marathi industry a boost is that the youth who watches Hindi films are now also watching Marathi films. They have gone for `Duniyadari` and `Time Pass`. You need subjects to attract the youths," he added.
Riteish has produced Marathi films ‘Balak Palak’ and ‘Yellow’, which won a National Award. Now the actor will be seen producing and acting in ‘Lai Bhari’.
"As a producer I also see to it that all my films comes with subtitles, I don`t make films without subtitles. There are many non-Marathi speaking people in Mumbai, so it`s important to have subtitles," he said.
Directed by Nishikant Kamat, ‘Lai Bhari’ features Riteish in a prominent role and the actor claims the film is a new genre for the Marathi film industry.
He said: ‘Lai Bhari’ is my first Marathi film as an actor and as a producer this is my third film. For Marathi cinema, this genre has not been explored. I hope the film works and many people make these kinds of films."
"I have never seen a film like this before, which is a larger than life. We just released the promo and the response was great," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Song out: 'Housefull 3' gang gives you a new party anthem in the form of 'Taang Uthake'! – Watch
- Priyanka Chopra won't refuse a good Bhojpuri film, says mother Madhu Chopra
- Whoa! Mukesh Khanna's 'Shaktimaan' to be back on Indian television?
- Treat your hardworking mom to hair care this summer!
- 'Kaabil' first look poster: Hrithik Roshan’s intense eyes precursor of a massive storm ahead!
- Five reasons why ‘Sairat’ starring Rinku Rajguru and Akash Thosar is a ‘must watch’
- Only ‘Kabali’ Rajinikanth can do this – Know what it is
- Kamal Haasan to revive an old character in his next with daughter Shruti
- Know what Radhika Apte has to say about Rajinikanth
- Rajinikanth starrer 'Kabali' teaser will be out in May?