Ilayaraja`s son set for Bollywood innings
Mumbai: Acclaimed composer Ilayaraja`s son Yuvan is ready to debut in Bollywood as a music director for actor Emraan Hashmi`s next film, to be helmed by Kunal Deshmukh.
Yuvan`s talent has been compared with that of Oscar-winner A.R. Rahman.
"Yuvan is one of those music directors, whose music has universal appeal. A bit like A.R. Rahman, who did great in Tamil movies, then other southern languages, then Bollywood music and then Hollywood. Yuvan is a similar talent," Manish Hariprasad, creative director, Studios, Disney UTV, said in a statement.
"Well, not every 26-year-old music director can boast of 100 films under his belt," added Hariprasad.
Yuvan is said to have been looking for a good film to launch himself in Hindi films, revealed Hariprasad, adding: "It feels great that Disney UTV is the studio launching him".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Filmmakers just followed law; Karan Johar is being bullied: Zoya Akhtar
- Unfair to target film involving mostly Indians, says Dia Mirza
- Antara Biswas aka Monalisa wants Salman's attention with 'Bigg Boss' stint
- I'm sure kids will be inspired by 'Shivaay': Ajay Devgn
- No blanket ban on Pakistani artistes in view of prevailing atmosphere: MEA
- Vivek Oberoi's to make his Tamil debut with Ajith's next
- SS Rajamouli to share first look of 'Baahubali 2: The Conclusion' at MAMI
- Rana Daggubati, Prabhas’ 'Baahubali 2' promises to be bigger and better
- Rajinikanth helped Radhika Apte while filming ‘Kabali’: Here’s how
- Anurag Kashyap to make Tamil debut with 'Imaikaa Nodigal'