Ilayaraja`s son set for Bollywood innings
Mumbai: Acclaimed composer Ilayaraja`s son Yuvan is ready to debut in Bollywood as a music director for actor Emraan Hashmi`s next film, to be helmed by Kunal Deshmukh.
Yuvan`s talent has been compared with that of Oscar-winner A.R. Rahman.
"Yuvan is one of those music directors, whose music has universal appeal. A bit like A.R. Rahman, who did great in Tamil movies, then other southern languages, then Bollywood music and then Hollywood. Yuvan is a similar talent," Manish Hariprasad, creative director, Studios, Disney UTV, said in a statement.
"Well, not every 26-year-old music director can boast of 100 films under his belt," added Hariprasad.
Yuvan is said to have been looking for a good film to launch himself in Hindi films, revealed Hariprasad, adding: "It feels great that Disney UTV is the studio launching him".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- See pic: Shabana Azmi and Smita Patil at Cannes in 1976!
- 'Sultan' diaries: Anushka Sharma topples this hefty trainer while wrestling – Watch video
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- Sanam Re movie review: Check out audience verdict on Pulkit Samrat, Yami Gautam starrer!
- Deadpool movie review: Strictly for fans only
- Priyanka Chopra's first Marathi film 'Ventilator' kicks off!
- Aadarsh Balakrishna joins cast of 'Neram' remake
- Prabhas to double his weight for ‘Baahubali' part 2?
- Post SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2', Prabhas roped in for 'Srimanthudu' team's next?
- South actress Devayani will star with Jr NTR in 'Janath Garage'!