Impact of character important, not length: Shruti Haasan
Hyderabad: Actress Shruti Haasan, who featured in a cameo in recently released Telugu action-drama ‘Ramayya Vasthavayya’, says she doesn`t give importance to the length of a character but its impact.
"I knew my character was very important in the film. What matters to me is the impact of a character, but not its length. This is why I agreed to do the role," Shruti told reporters here.
She was speaking at the success meet of ‘Ramayya Vasthavayya’, which released Friday worldwide, and has reportedly raked in over Rs.20 crore in its opening weekend.
Shruti was paired with Junior NTR in the film, which also featured Samantha Ruth Prabhu in the lead.
Directed by Harish Shankar, the film was reportedly made on a budget of Rs. 35 crore.
Producer Dil Raju is extremely happy with the response to the film.
"We have already collected Rs.20 crore in the first three days. I`m sure I will be able to break even by next weekend. I`m extremely happy as a producer as well as distributor," Raju said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pranavananda Swami files complaint against Kamal Hassan over remarks on Mahabharata
- Jennifer Lopez goes on romantic date with Alex Rodriguez
- It's a talent how Shah Rukh, Salman handle stardom: Anushka Sharma
- 'Pad Man' to raise awareness about sanitary hygiene: Twinkle Khanna
- Amber Heard reveals coming out as bisexual was difficult
- Baahubali 2: New poster featuring angry Prabhas unveiled! - See pic
- 'Baahubali: The Conclusion' creates history, to have India's first Live Virtual Reality event
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- ‘Baahubali 2’ trailer strikes gold, garners 100 million views!
- ‘Baahubali 2’: Prabhas, Rana Daggubati starrer creates another record!