Impact of character important, not length: Shruti Haasan
Hyderabad: Actress Shruti Haasan, who featured in a cameo in recently released Telugu action-drama ‘Ramayya Vasthavayya’, says she doesn`t give importance to the length of a character but its impact.
"I knew my character was very important in the film. What matters to me is the impact of a character, but not its length. This is why I agreed to do the role," Shruti told reporters here.
She was speaking at the success meet of ‘Ramayya Vasthavayya’, which released Friday worldwide, and has reportedly raked in over Rs.20 crore in its opening weekend.
Shruti was paired with Junior NTR in the film, which also featured Samantha Ruth Prabhu in the lead.
Directed by Harish Shankar, the film was reportedly made on a budget of Rs. 35 crore.
Producer Dil Raju is extremely happy with the response to the film.
"We have already collected Rs.20 crore in the first three days. I`m sure I will be able to break even by next weekend. I`m extremely happy as a producer as well as distributor," Raju said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Talks are on for 'Sairat' Telugu remake!
- Guess what? Samantha Ruth Prabhu and Naga Chaitanya in Telugu remake of '2 States'
- These leaked PICTURES from the sets of 'Baahubali 2' will make you crave for the movie! See inside
- Dhanush overjoyed at 'Visaranai' becoming India's Oscar entry
- Tamil film 'Visaranai' is India's official Oscar entry for 2017