Impact of character important, not length: Shruti Haasan
Hyderabad: Actress Shruti Haasan, who featured in a cameo in recently released Telugu action-drama ‘Ramayya Vasthavayya’, says she doesn`t give importance to the length of a character but its impact.
"I knew my character was very important in the film. What matters to me is the impact of a character, but not its length. This is why I agreed to do the role," Shruti told reporters here.
She was speaking at the success meet of ‘Ramayya Vasthavayya’, which released Friday worldwide, and has reportedly raked in over Rs.20 crore in its opening weekend.
Shruti was paired with Junior NTR in the film, which also featured Samantha Ruth Prabhu in the lead.
Directed by Harish Shankar, the film was reportedly made on a budget of Rs. 35 crore.
Producer Dil Raju is extremely happy with the response to the film.
"We have already collected Rs.20 crore in the first three days. I`m sure I will be able to break even by next weekend. I`m extremely happy as a producer as well as distributor," Raju said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No apology from Salman Khan as he responds to NCW notice on 'raped woman' remark
- Istanbul terror attacks: Celebrities condemn brutal act
- Sushant Singh Rajput all set to travel to moon! - Here's how
- Tiger Shroff and Disha Patani teamed up for 'Befikra' because of THIS actor?
- Prince Harry joins Coldplay onstage at Kensington Palace gig